We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao Lak Wedding?

Devon
1 post
Save Topic
Khao Lak Wedding?

We're looking into getting married in Khao Lak in February 2009 and would love to hear from anyone who has had their wedding there. Also has anyone got photos of their Khao Lak wedding that we can see?

We are still trying to decide on hotels, but current favourites are the Merlin, Meridien and Ramada. There will be a group of up to 30 of us going

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Patong Merlin Hotel
Patong Merlin Hotel
1,865 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort
Le Meridien Phuket Beach...
3,498 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,449 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Khao Lak Wedding?

Of the 3 resorts you are considering, the Le Meridien is the largest, and in my view,more luxurious, best equiped and best beach position. There is also currently in the course of completion a special reception room on the beach for weddings and other celebrations. It is also the most expensive but has a wide range of accommodation and with 200+ rooms perhaps better able to meet your party's requirements.

Some photos of Le Meridien and beach at:

http://photos.orange.co.uk/album/3635279

Some of Ramada at

http://photos.orange.co.uk/album/5335443

The Sarojin, on same beach as Le Meridien is very popular for weddings and honeymoons but is currently the most expensive in Khao Lak. Some photos at

http://photos.orange.co.uk/album/3635293

Whichever hotel you decide on I would advise early booking as February is High Season and bookings for Khao Lak are increasing all the time as more people discover this wonderful part of Thailand.

Mentioned in this post
Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort
Le Meridien Phuket Beach...
3,498 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,866 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Khao Lak Wedding?

Hello,

there is one resort in Khao Lak that specializes in weddings of tourists, the Suwan Palm Resort.

The manager, Mister Sam, knows about all the requirements and paperwork for a wedding.

Mister Sam's telephone number is 0066 89 2891844

The email address of Suwan Palm Resort is

reservations@suwanpalm.com

It is better though to call him directly at this time of the year.

All the best,

J.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Suwan Palm Resort
Suwan Palm Resort
258 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Khao Lak Wedding?

Hi, are you still looking for pictures?

We had our wedding at The Ramada in February this year. It was amazing!!! I highly recommend this resort :). If you would like some pics just let me know.

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Khao Lak Wedding?

Hi

I would also say what a fabulous hotel the le meridien is i can not keep away from the place. If i was getting married that would be my choice. I am back there on Tuesday can not wait.

Julie

Khao Lak
Level Contributor
126 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Khao Lak Wedding?

If you don't mind the price and want absolute luxury, then you should take a look at The Sarojin Resort (google "sarojin") and you'll see why they are awarded Asia's Finest Boutique Resort for three years running.

Expensive (Thai standards), but exquisite.

Johnny

Mentioned in this post
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,866 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Munich
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Khao Lak Wedding?

We are also planning our wedding in Khao Lak! We are also looking at these three hotels. JAGAustralia, can you tell us about your wedding and send some pictures. I will really apreciate this!

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Level Contributor
126 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Khao Lak Wedding?

The Ramada is a lovely resort. The GM is Duke and he's a wonderful man from Holland, but speaks English and Thai as well. I think the two best are likely The Ramada and Sarojin. The latter being the one that caters to mostly couples (rarely see children there and they must be older than 12 to stay there). This is why the Sarojin is so popular with weddings. The Ramada caters to all and is brand new. I would highly recommend both of them, but the cost factor may come into play. Good luck and congratulations!

Mentioned in this post
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,866 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
8. Re: Khao Lak Wedding?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 23:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak