We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm panicking, please help!! No pool at Baan Khao Lak

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
I'm panicking, please help!! No pool at Baan Khao Lak

Okay, we leave Melbourne on Mon 3 sep. I'm here on TA doing some last minute checks and I hear this email come in -

Thank you very much for your reservation request at Baan Khaolak Resort.

>

> We just received urgent notice from Baan Khaolak Resort that resulted of

> swimming pool's tile is frayed and bronken, the damage area is about 20

> sq.m. So resort need us to inform you that they will close swimming pool

> service on Sep 1st till 15th (15 Days) for reparing and renovating.

>

> We apologize for this inconvenient caused to you and thank you very much

> for your kindly understand

Ohh, bugger!! I was so, so looking forward to staying here. We have 2 kids and 7 nights here, so not having a pool to occupy them will be awful. How could they not tell us this before we paid in full just last week? We also learned here on TA about the restuarant being closed for renovations as well.

I have sent an email back so just waiting for a reply. We will have to fing somewhere else. Does anyone have any suggestions? We had 2 interconnecting rooms booked here for approx 1500bht each room a night.

Any advice will be great. Thankyou, Bec

Melbourne
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: I'm panicking, please help!! No pool at Baan Khao Lak

Hi Bec

We stayed at Baan Khao Lak a few nights ago, but moved to the Bhandari. There are some tiles missing in the pool, but they were unable to commit to when their renovations would start (sometime after 1 September). See if you can change hotels. I dont think that price is worth is for the Baan Khao Lak. Although the rooms are big, I dont think its particularly good value for money. Come to the Bhandari, its great (better than it looks on the website). We are paying 1400 baht for a cottage (their biggest room type) its huge!! with outdoor shower/bath.

BTW, I've had a look at the Seaview Khao Lak, Sunwan Palm, La Flora, the Ramada, The Palm Beach and The Merlin and I still think the Bhandari is the best value for money. Stay here!

Good luck.

Bridie

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: I'm panicking, please help!! No pool at Baan Khao Lak

Hi Bridie,

This afternoon we changed our booking to the Ramada. We have to pay a little more, but we are still able to have 2 rooms that are connecting.

I have looked at every resort I could find in Khao Lak! I really had my heart set on the Baan Khao Lak, so I'm pretty dissapointed. They offered us 3 free dinners and to transfer us to another hotel's pool. As if we would settle for that!! I do understand that it's best for them to renovate during the green season though. Ahh Well :(

The Ramada looks really nice but I understand it's a little further out of town. What did you think of it?

How was your flight with jetstar?

Hope your having a great holiday,

Bec

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: I'm panicking, please help!! No pool at Baan Khao Lak

Hi Bec,

Sorry to read about your problems at the BKL. We had a good look at both the BKL and the Ramada for future possibilities when we were in KL last March/April. We were impressed by both. However, I don't think you will be disappointed with the Remada.

Here are some pictures:

http://photos.orange.co.uk/album/5335443

It is situated on Bang Niang Beach, and is about a 20 minute walk down the beach to Nang Thong Beach (where the BKL is situated) and 5 minutes up from there to Bang La On where most of the restaurants, bars and shops are situated. It's about 10 minutes by taxi which is recommended particularly in the dark. As well as the Ramada's own beach front restaurant there are some local ones nearby (the excellent Chong Fah Resort Beach Resort beachfront restaurant) and up the road to Bang Niang where you will find the also excellent Takieng restaurant.$

In fairness you will have paid more for the Ramada because it is a higher class resort (4* compared to BKL 3/4*)

The beach at the Ramada is nice also but be careful with the kiddies as there are tides and currents all along the KL coastline.

Have a great time.

4. Re: I'm panicking, please help!! No pool at Baan Khao Lak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 13:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak