We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sarojin Beach info

Bristol UK
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sarojin Beach info

Hi

I will be staying at the Sarojin in October this year, It sounds like a silly question but do elephants get walked along the beach!? Only looking at some traveller photos of Khao Lak I saw pics of an elephant on the beach! I went to Sri Lanka and they were walked along the beach there so just wondered if it happened in Khao Lak too?

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,866 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
New Zealand
Level Contributor
284 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sarojin Beach info

I do not know about main khao lak but we stayed at Le Meridien last year in October which is not far from Sarijon just around the bay. It was so quiet we were lucky to see people walking on the beach let alone elephants. Unless it is something the hotel put on or there are workers with elephants nearby I don't think they will walk past. I think. It is a great area to stay in but very very quiet. there are three local beach restaurants right next to Sarijon which we ate at regularly. Food was great very thai and very cheap. Have fun

Mentioned in this post
Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort
Le Meridien Phuket Beach...
3,498 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,450 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sarojin Beach info

Hi,

No elephants on the beach at the Sarojin.

The ones usually seen in photos are at Khao Lak South beach near the Merlin Resort, or just past it at the beach at the neighbouring Poseidon Bungalows which are on your left about 10 minutes by taxi before entering Khao Lak, about 20 minutes from the sarojin which is to the North of KL. They are brought down about 5pm for their daily swim from the Asia Elephant and Safari Park which is opposite the Merlin and well worth a visit.

Mentioned in this post
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,866 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Patong Merlin Hotel
Patong Merlin Hotel
1,866 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Khaolak
Level Contributor
127 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sarojin Beach info

I think the sarojin got that elephant for the wedding ceremory only. Not sure about that.

Bristol UK
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Sarojin Beach info

Thanks everyone for you information. Arandora, do you have any other info on the Asia elephant Safari park? Do get to have hands on experiences with the elephants, how much entrance fee? also can we walk along the beach from the Sarojin to see the elephants bathing or would we need to get a taxi? are there a lot of elephants that go to the sea to bathe, can we watch?

Thank You.

Mentioned in this post
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,866 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,450 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sarojin Beach info

Hi Reggy,

Here's a link to Asia Elephant Safari Park website:

holiday-service-khaolak.com/en/index.php

You can go on elephant treks, visit a waterfall, there is a small zoo and can organise other tours from there.

The beach at the Merlin where the elephants bathe is about 10km from the Sarojin, not within walking distance.

Some photos of elephants at the Safari Park at

www.mykhaolak.de/forum/thread.php…

and here

and bathing near the Merlin at

Mentioned in this post
Patong Merlin Hotel
Patong Merlin Hotel
1,866 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,866 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Bristol UK
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Sarojin Beach info

Oh thats great, thanks alot Arandora. (-:

7. Re: Sarojin Beach info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 22:51
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak