We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sarojin - Khao Lak VERSUS Soneva Fushi - Maldives

Grantham UK
Level Contributor
3 posts
156 reviews
Sarojin - Khao Lak VERSUS Soneva Fushi - Maldives

Just wondered if by any remote chance, anyone had been to both Hotels? We went to Soneva Fushi last year and loved it and would would certainly return. But we are wanting to go on holiday without children in March 2008 and are thinking of trying somewhere different. My husband has come up with the Sarojin Hotel as it is small and has rooms with pools/hot tubs which are private, which is what we are after. Would welcome any comments from anyone who has visited both. I am afraid that we won't enjoy The Sarojin as much and will spend the time comparing the two. Thoughts please.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
184 reviews
1. Re: Sarojin - Khao Lak VERSUS Soneva Fushi - Maldives

I have never been to the Maldives but I don't think you can compare the two destinations. We have been to several pacific island resorts. Island resorts are very different from any mainlaid. generally crystal clear water, white sand and coral reefs. The Sarojin is an experience in itself and you can take day trips to varios areas. The people of Khao Lak are fantastic. I am sure you will have a wonderful time at teh Sarojin (we were there in March 2006) as long as you take it for what it is and don't try to replicate another location.

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
2,970 posts
233 reviews
2. Re: Sarojin - Khao Lak VERSUS Soneva Fushi - Maldives

Hi Saffydog,

Haven't stayed at either hotel but I would try to compare destinations rather than hotels.

Thailand and the Maldives are very different. If it is a luxurious beach resort that you are looking for, like the maldives and take the 'no shoes no news' attitude there are many other places in the world to visit that would probably be a better choice. If you want a cultural and spiritual experience then definately choose Thailand.

Sarah

xx

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
262 posts
66 reviews
3. Re: Sarojin - Khao Lak VERSUS Soneva Fushi - Maldives

I agree with the other posters that it is unfair to try to compare two very different places. I have never been to Maldives but spent two glorious weeks in Thailand this spring and i can tell you Thailand as well as the Sarojin are very special. If you have any questions regarding the rooms or the hotel in general feel free to ask. We stayed in a pool villa and it was fantastic.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
4. Re: Sarojin - Khao Lak VERSUS Soneva Fushi - Maldives

Been to Maldives once, Thailand on a number of occasions including our favourite Khao Lak twice and returning again next year. Two entirely different, but fabulous, destinations, equally enjoyable, in my view, in their own right.

Sarojin is an excellent resort on best stretch of beach.

5. Re: Sarojin - Khao Lak VERSUS Soneva Fushi - Maldives

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 11:49