We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ramada Ocean Front Villa - October?

East Anglia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Ramada Ocean Front Villa - October?

Hi,

We were thinking of booking an Ocean Front Villa at the Ramada Resort for a week in late October. However, I've just read somewhere that these villas are not recommended during the monsoon season. Can anyone advise whether late October is still monsoon season?

Thanks.

Phuket
Level Contributor
2,979 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ramada Ocean Front Villa - October?

October is kind of a transition month between the rainiest month of the year - September - and November, when the weather starts to settle down. So . . . late October things will be settling in for the dryer season when the seas are quiet.

BUT - I have to say that seas don't tend to get too rowdy in the Khao Lak area - and people tend to speak relative to the times of year when the sea is very still and mellow.

Personally - I like the rainy monsoon time of year and being as close to the sea as possible is especially nice during that time of year. But - that is just me - if I can get a bit of sea spray on the terrace, I love it!

Try here for an overview of Khao Lak Weather:

http://khaolaklovers.com/khao_lak_weather.htm

East Anglia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ramada Ocean Front Villa - October?

Thank you, Tedkarma,

I think we'll probably go for it.

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations