We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khaolak Paradise Resort anyone know it ?

birmingham
Level Contributor
37 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Khaolak Paradise Resort anyone know it ?

Want to visit this area for a week in October, we like a quiet hotel, good beach, great food and lovely wine!! We will have a car so don't mind if its remote. This resort looks nice, but don' t see it mentioned anywhere. Would be grateful for some feedback. Thanks

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Khaolak Paradise Resort anyone know it ?

Information on this very nice looking resort is scant. Have a look here for some from people who've been there:

www.mykhaolak.de/forum/board.php?boardid=39

and here for info on the resort itself and rates:

r24.org/khaolaklovers.com/…

It is a small resort in beautiful grounds on a quiet and lovely part of Sunset Beach. Map of location here

mykhaolak.de/resorts/khao-lak-resorts.html

It's not at all remote, being easy walking distance to restaurants, bars and shops of Bang La On (Khao Lak town)

Not sure about food there either and as for wine, Thailand in general isn't best place for wine lovers. The choice is limited and expensive beacuse it is taxed so heavily. Good selection at reasonable prices at the Nang Thong Supermarket in town.

Your car will enable you to njoy the natural delights of this beautiful region which is mostly National Park.

St Albans...
Level Contributor
40 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Khaolak Paradise Resort anyone know it ?

Just tried to book Paradise resort it looks great and the above links were very useful .Also map of resort

asiatours.net/thailand/hotels_ge/lak_Khaolak…

I also received emails from a couple of people who had posted comments so will try and find them and pass on the information.

Unfortunately the Paradise will not take a booking for 6 nights in the peak season so I am back to square one in finding accommodation.

Arandora any ideas ? Anything like the Paradise.

Josiejo

St Albans...
Level Contributor
40 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Khaolak Paradise Resort anyone know it ?

Hi

Hopefully will be able to cut and paste very helpful emails I received '

'Firstly we loved the friendly, non chain like atmosphere of the Paradise. The staff are mostly new and still learning so you need to bare this in mind however what they lack in slickness they more than make up for in enthusiasm and by the time you go this will probably have been addressed. We particularily enjoyed learning Thai from them on an informal basis and if you make a bit of an effort you are well rewarded.

As far as the rooms are corncerned the standard rooms which are called delux were great for us as I felt the one we had had a better sea view than the poolside ones which are detached bugalows which are side onto the sea (I feel nice for couples as more luxury especially in the bathroom the shower was one of these ones with the big showerhead). The delux are in blocks of 4 so as you are a group you might want to see if you can take some or all of the 4 together with the adults on the top floor with the good sea views....

I can't remember which had the best views but I think it might have been blooks 1 and 2 and best to avoid 9, if you ask at booking I'm sure they will let you know. We asked when we stayed why the didn't promote the rooms as having a sea view and they said that some people had complained so they liked to leave it as a pleasant surprise for the ones lucky enough to get one of these rooms.

It really depends on how long you plan to spend in your room and how much a luxury bathroom is important to you as to whether you want one of the detached bungalows/villas. We did have the option to upgrade to the poolside but felt we'd rather spend the money on shopping! Of course the sea view villas combine the best of both worlds but at a cost and are not so private as they are right on the beach!'

'we had room 403. i have attached a link showing the map of the resort so you can see where to rooms are. you should maybe ask if there are rooms with a connection door. however, the nicest view is definitely from 201 to 204. 203 and 204 are on the second floor, thus much nicer view…..

the difference between the deluxe room and sea view villas is minimal. the only difference is that you have direct access from the balcony, outdoor shower and they are a bit, bit bigger (5qm). that’s it…..however, you don’t really have sea view. the point is that you don’t spend a lot of time in the room.'

hope this helps a bit.

josiejo

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Khaolak Paradise Resort anyone know it ?

Have you tried booking through this site:

r24.org/khaolaklovers.com/…

St Albans...
Level Contributor
40 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Khaolak Paradise Resort anyone know it ?

Hi Arandora

No will give it a go.Thanks for reply

Josiejo

St Albans...
Level Contributor
40 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Khaolak Paradise Resort anyone know it ?

Have just tried to book 2 rooms at Paradise but it does say in small print minimum of 7 nights .Will see what happens.

Josiejo

birmingham
Level Contributor
37 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Khaolak Paradise Resort anyone know it ?

Many thanks Josiejo for all the information, sorry about the delay in answering we have been away working. The Paradise sounds a lovely resort, we have also looked at the Sarojin which looks nice, but wonder if it might be full of honeymooners!! We are in our sixties and don't particularly want to go somewhere where there are too many weddings taking place. If you haven't booked your holiday yet try www.sawadee.com for the hotel. Best Wishes Birmingham Spicer

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Khaolak Paradise Resort anyone know it ?

Birmingham Spicer,

The Sarojin in particular and Thailand in general isn't yet like some destinations where weddings roll off the conveyor belt, such as the Caribbean. Marriage for farangs is not straightforward in Thailand so it is more of a honeymoon destination but, again, in our experience (and we are wrinklies too!) their number is comparatively small.

St Albans...
Level Contributor
40 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Khaolak Paradise Resort anyone know it ?

After lots of research Paradise is full which is so frustrating as they did not have rates for ages and then are full! I'm in France at moment trying to forget about Thailand holiday but will look into other hotels.

josiejo

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Khaolak Paradise Resort anyone know it ?

How disappointing! but there other great places to stay in Khao Lak.

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations