We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suwan palm resort

Newport Pagnell...
Level Contributor
1,610 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
suwan palm resort

I have come across this resort while looking for accommodation in KhaoLak but can't find any information or reviews.Can anyone help.

I have been thinking of Baan Khaolak resort as well as I like the position of it,but does anyone know which resorts are either side of it.

I've been advised by some of the booking sites Baan Khaolak wont be availabel till August.(for January).

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: suwan palm resort

The BKL is on a super stretch of Nang Thong Beach near to the Sunset Beach end, wheras the Suwan Palm is nearer to the centre where, just my view, the beach isn't quite as nice (that's comparative, of course as it is still beautiful!) and there are more hotels adjacent to it. We had a good look around both last April for future reference and were very impressed with the BKL.

Next door to the BKL but nearer to the highway they were completing the new Laguna Resort (Laguna Beach?) which will probably be open when you are there, and next to BKL along the beach is the very nice, small Paradise Resort.

Our photos of BKL at http://photos.orange.co.uk/album/5660332

Rates available here

r24.org/khaolaklovers.com/… (usually very competitive)

Info here

khaolaklovers.com/Baan_Khao_Lak_Resort.htm

Rates also available on Asia Rooms. Just put your dates in to bring them up.

Info (mainly in German, I'm afraid) and photos on the Suwan Palm at

www.mykhaolak.de/forum/board.php?boardid=40

Newport Pagnell...
Level Contributor
1,610 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: suwan palm resort

Hi Alan

I was hoping you would answer this query.

I have been looking at asiarooms for the Baan Khaolak but their prices are quite high,and I thought maybe one of the resorts near there might be quite good.

Some of the other booking agents are still only showing availability till October,so I thought I would hold off for a month or two.

Many thanks for your help.

MARGARET

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: suwan palm resort

Hi Margaret,

What dates do you have in mind? January is High Season but some booking sites class early January as Peak (ie Xmas/New Year period)

If you are really interested in Suwan Palm, have a look here againon the German My Khao Lak site

mykhaolak.de/resorts/khao-lak-suwan-palm.html

though I think the prices are still for 2007.

If you Email for rates info you will get an answer in English from Heinrich. I know he is in the process of getting rates for 2008. I booked through him gor our last holiday in Le Meridien at best rates I could find.

Regards

Alan

malaysia
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: suwan palm resort

we swam a few times at suwan palm./ has a small pool. and also eat a few times there. a slow moving restaurant in terms of service... ( like many places in thailand during low season). food was ok... ( 2star to 3 star).

everthing abt the hotel was not more than 3 stars. it's a small place. if you're going for a nice pool resort. nice food... and service staff smilling at you left right and centre,..... :-) skip this place.

5. Re: suwan palm resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 06:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak