We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

asia rooms .com

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
258 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
asia rooms .com

Has anyone used asia rooms.com? If so are they good and reliable?

Thank You

karen

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: asia rooms .com

Yes they are... Some post reports problems with them if you make a booking and then want to change or cancel it later.

I've used them regularly over more than 5 years for hotel bookings in several countries.... They (almost) always have the cheapest rate if you book early enough...

Especially during high and peak seasons you may need to book many months in advance.

I noticed you posted on the Khao Lak branch.. They actually have an office at Le Meridien, Khao Lak .

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort
Le Meridien Phuket Beach...
3,470 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Mount Vernon...
Level Contributor
346 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: asia rooms .com

I used them to book a few hotels in Thailand a few months ago and had no problems.

Mentioned in this post
Aonang, Krabi
Destination Expert
for Krabi Town
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: asia rooms .com

i use asiareservations.net quite often - you only have to pay a deposit and the balance is due 1 month before you check-in

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
265 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: asia rooms .com

Just one criticism-

I was looking to reserve a hotel in Khao Lak last year, and Asiarooms quoted a really fantastic rate - much lower than the next-cheapest.

I made the reservation, but then received an email a few days later informing me that the rate quoted was no longer available.

At the time it was a minor inconvenience, so my word of warning is if you book through Asiarooms, wait for a confirmation email before celebrating your cheap deal!

I understand that most people have had a good experience with them, so I hope my example was atypical of their service.

Cheers,

Gary

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: asia rooms .com

multiply.. to gt the cheap price.. with any of the booking agents... You need to book very early.. be lucky.. if its low seson.. no problem.. but for high season.. To get those low prices, book 6 months or more in advance.. They do sell a small percentage of rooms in some resorts at cheap rates... but not easy to get.

I've found asiarooms very reliable... But.. yes.. You do need to be the early bird.

arctica
Level Contributor
931 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: asia rooms .com

I am sure Asiarooms are reliable, but... As I understand, you have to give them your credit card number and pay a deposit (or the total amount) BEFORE the confirmation. You can not make an enquiry. Isn`t that a strange policy? That is one reason why we choosed Sawadee.com instead. The other reason was the rate. They where 500THB below Asiarooms pr night for the hotel we chose. Same standard, breakfast and taxes including both places.

Usually we pick the flights and the hotels we like and then make all the booking through one agent if we get a good deal, or we book directly with the hotels. This is the first time we have booked the hotel through a website like this.

So far we are very satisfied with Sawadee. Prompt reply, detailed feedback and secure payment. We paid a small deposit (non-refundable) after the room was confirmed, and the balanse is not to be paid before two weeks prior to arrival (feb -08).

How the service is and how things work if we are not satisfied with the hotel, or if anything else goes wrong. Well, I hope we don`t have to find out...

7. Re: asia rooms .com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 04:45
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak