We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sarojin - A Couple of Questions

Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,707 posts
24 reviews
35 helpful votes
Sarojin - A Couple of Questions

My husband and I have booked a stay at the Sarojin for late August/September.

We've chosen a pool residence but would like to make a request for one of the quietest locations on the resort if possible (a review has just been posted mentioning their room been located close the the perimeter and next to a utility building, and being woken at 4am by some machinery coming on). I'm a light sleeper and this would drive me a little crazy on my holiday! We understand the rooms are in small groups, so if anyone is able to recommend a room location/number we'll drop in a request ahead of time. I know this is never something that can be guaranteed but hope it will be noted. The OP has just replied and I now know which group of rooms to ask not to be in if possible :-)

We're very much looking forward to returning to Thailand after four fabulous holidays in The Maldives and if anyone has any other tips for the resort or location please feel free to "chip in". We're aware we're travelling in "low/rainy season" as we do to The Maldives so appreciate that some of the beach bars/restaurants may be closed and we're fine with this.

Thanks in advance for any help or information; I'm sure I'll be a regular here on the board between now and late August.

Edited: 22 January 2019, 18:36
6 replies to this topic
Lichfield, England
Level Contributor
663 posts
6 reviews
56 helpful votes
1. Re: Sarojin - A Couple of Questions

Hi! Good to see a familiar name on a different forum. I’ve only stayed at the Sarojin once, many years ago. From the beach we were in the first block on the left, at the end. The Lady Sarojin suite and the pool room underneath, may be a good option for you. We’ve been back to Khao Lak every year or so, spent this Christmas and New Year at the Haven on Khuk Khak beach. The beach at the Sarojin is lovely, soft powdery sand but obviously you won’t see it at its best. Walk left out of the hotel to the Boatyard, originally to build new long tailed boats after the tsunami but now a fabulous restaurant. Get a taxi ten minutes south to Memories beach bar, our favourite. Sarojin is a lovely hotel but you will need to get taxis to most places. Fifteen minutes to Bang Niang, don’t miss the markets, three times a week, great food, bars and restaurants. Lucky Seafood is a great restaurant there too. Further south is Bang La On, full of great restaurants and bars. Favourites are Happy Snapper and Monkey Bar. Hopefully all that I’ve nentioned will be open when you are there, I’m sure other people will chip in if I’m wrong!

As an aside, we managed a couple of weeks in our favourite Maldives resort in August. Crusoes in Gili Lankanfushi, cannot believe what has happened.

That said, Thailand has our hearts, already booked for Easter, Ko Lanta in Krabi, there for Songkran and next Christmas and New Year already booked!

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
77 reviews
56 helpful votes
2. Re: Sarojin - A Couple of Questions

I think in August both Memories and The Boatyard will be closed unfortunately. Keep an eye on their Facebook pages though as they usually update with any closure dates.

Lichfield, England
Level Contributor
663 posts
6 reviews
56 helpful votes
3. Re: Sarojin - A Couple of Questions

Thanks! There was great live music at Monkey Bar and Happy Snapper during Christmas and New Year. Do you know if this would continue during the rainy season?

Phillip Island...
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
73 reviews
120 helpful votes
4. Re: Sarojin - A Couple of Questions

Hi Placitasgirl578,

From the Maldives forum to Khao Lak...

I'm sure you will enjoy the Sarojin, I haven't stayed there but have walked through the lovely grounds.

You must have a meal at Chic on the lake (baan sri muang)? spelling??.....a very rustic setting overlooking a lovely lake. Small family run business but the food (both presentation and flavour) is incredible....oh and a little cheaper than the Maldives!! We're off there again for our second trip in June!!

Cheers and happy holidays Verrena x

Lichfield, England
Level Contributor
663 posts
6 reviews
56 helpful votes
5. Re: Sarojin - A Couple of Questions

Chic is definitely an evening place, we went for lunch which was a mistake. A great lunch place is Klong Koo. You sit in the river, unique, and so refreshing having your feet in cool water! Food superb and cocktails even better!

Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,707 posts
24 reviews
35 helpful votes
6. Re: Sarojin - A Couple of Questions

Thanks to everyone for your responses, it's great to hear your thoughts and also to see a couple of friends from the Maldives Forum here, which reinforces our choice of resort (we were hoping to get the feel of Konotta mixed with that of a resort we visited in Thailand a few years ago), so think we got that right. Thanks Kate and Parkers.

I am looking forward to visiting a new area of Thailand but it's on the condition that we can do The Maldives again in 2020 at the moment..... we'll see how that one goes!

I had already seen Chic on the lake, but the idea of lunch with my feet in a river really appeals too, so thank you. We also now have a steer on a possible villa location to request for maximum peace, quiet and privacy and that is important to me as since hitting my mid 50's I sleep terribly lightly.

Thanks again for your input... I'm sure I'l be back and am very grateful to you for sharing your knowledge.

It's a small world but lovely to be "amongst friends" here on the Khao Lak forum.

Reply to: Sarojin - A Couple of Questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations