We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The sands resort

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
93 posts
10 reviews
13 helpful votes
The sands resort

Hubby and I are thinking of booking at the sands resort in khao Lak never been before would be grateful on any information on it als the area please ,also cost of transfers or would private drivers be better way to go ,Thankyou.

3 replies to this topic
Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
77 reviews
56 helpful votes
1. Re: The sands resort

The Sands is a very good hotel close to lots of restaurants, some bars and shopping. It has multiple wings, pools and restaurants. If you like large hotels you will love it. I personally like much smaller places it that’s just me.

There are a few recommended drivers for transfers which are usually cheaper than the hotels. Around 1000 baht for a car with Boss Cheaper than Hotel Taxis and Off Khao Lak. You will find them on Facebook under these names.

khao lak
Level Contributor
297 posts
1 review
2. Re: The sands resort

sands is central,you can walk into town in minutes. transfer from boss 1000b to 1200b

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
255 posts
132 reviews
101 helpful votes
3. Re: The sands resort

Excellent hotel. Stayed there for 10 days in July 2017 with wife and 2 kids 11 and 9. Has since had a new aqua wing built which has a waterpark so now has something for everyone. Great for families and great for couples too. Food of a high standard and great service. Well priced. Is large but doesn’t feel that way. Feels very homely. Right on beach and sensational sunsets. Location for restaurants and shops on main drag excellent. Short 5 min walk. And agree re transfers. Use Boss Cheaper than hotel taxis. The hotel transfers are nearly double the price.

Edited: 23 January 2019, 16:05
Reply to: The sands resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak