We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dolphins at Khao Lak

Weston-super-Mare...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
5 helpful votes
Dolphins at Khao Lak

We are staying in Khao Lak in December and are researching trips & tours of what we would like to do. One thing we’d love to see if possible is dolphins is there anywhere anybody could recommend for us to do this (not a park) thanks

7 replies to this topic
Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
77 reviews
56 helpful votes
1. Re: Dolphins at Khao Lak

Never seen or heard of dolphins in Khao Lak but there are a few images of them around the Similians. This is a pretty good article by one of the popular tour companies in KL https:/… they say more on the Gulf side.

Prachuap Khiri...
Level Contributor
9,465 posts
91 reviews
50 helpful votes
2. Re: Dolphins at Khao Lak

Use to be a resident one, pre tsunami, on north end of coastline. Spotted quite often from small brekkie / food vendor set up on beach.

Remember 'it' might of ended up inland, and think it was rescued. Never did read the final result.

terradaily.com/2005/050104105430.k48nr8j3.ht…

Greater London...
Level Contributor
2,038 posts
3. Re: Dolphins at Khao Lak

I did see 2 a few years back on a fish trip. Also of interest a truly humongus sword fish a few hundred metres off of the point between khoa lak and taplamu

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
84 posts
60 reviews
108 helpful votes
4. Re: Dolphins at Khao Lak

Khao Lak Land Discovery run a dolphin sight seeing day trip, I only noticed this as I watch their webcam to see what the weather is doing my before I go each December.

Level Contributor
727 posts
5. Re: Dolphins at Khao Lak

Go to khanom

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
77 reviews
56 helpful votes
6. Re: Dolphins at Khao Lak

Nipper74 did you actually see dolphins? Or are you referring to the dolphin day cruise or sunset cruise that they advertise? This is referring to the name of the boat and not seeing actual dolphins. I did the trip recently and asked the question before booking.

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
84 posts
60 reviews
108 helpful votes
7. Re: Dolphins at Khao Lak

My bad, I did not go on the trip, I just saw it on their website

Looks like it’s the name of the day cruise.

Reply to: Dolphins at Khao Lak
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak