We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

X10 Beach

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
X10 Beach

Hi,

We are of to X10 in April and I wondered if previous guests could shed some light on what the beach is like to swim at, I've seen some reports that it dips quite quickly but when the tide is out it looks as if it would be shallow.

Will it be a case of taking a few steps and then dropping six foot??!

5 replies to this topic
Herne Bay, United...
Level Contributor
292 posts
73 reviews
62 helpful votes
1. Re: X10 Beach

We stayed a couple of doors down from the x10 and swam in the sea. It was fine but not particularly shallow. I was probably up to my neck by the time I was about 10 ft out in the water

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
205 posts
13 reviews
19 helpful votes
2. Re: X10 Beach

hi

we stayed there last year, it drops but not excessively so, found it easy to get in and out, plenty of people swimming in the sea, first time you swim just enter carefully if your worried till your used to it

enjoy, its a lovely hotel

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: X10 Beach

Thanks for your replies, good to know I'm not going to suddenly disappear under water after a few steps!

Roll on April, can't wait!

uk
Level Contributor
234 posts
48 reviews
47 helpful votes
4. Re: X10 Beach

It will will depend on the moon, the beach can change overnight just be very careful.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: X10 Beach

Thanks, I must be silly because I had no idea that could affect it too! I shall just have to keep a tight hold on my mum when she goes in the water as she can't swim and given the pools have stair ladder entry, which at 70 she finds hard to use, she wanted to use the sea to cool off instead.

Reply to: X10 Beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak