We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach bars & restaurants

Level Contributor
32 posts
34 reviews
22 helpful votes
Beach bars & restaurants

Hi.. we are staying at the X10 in April and want to visit as many of the beach based bars and restaurants as we can during our stay, mostly during the day.

I’ve noticed on the maps I’ve seen that most seem to be up the coast from where we are.

How far and how long would it take to get to...for instance, Sunrise, The Boatyard and Chill Lay from the X10..?

3 replies to this topic
Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
77 reviews
56 helpful votes
1. Re: Beach bars & restaurants

They are all around 20 minutes away (give or take a few minutes either way) - although some might seem a distance away, the long track from the main road to Memories for example is slow going as it is quite bumpy.

You could also look at Andalay which is to your left - it would probably take about 40 minutes to walk there.

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
205 posts
13 reviews
19 helpful votes
2. Re: Beach bars & restaurants

hi, 15-20 mins to boatyard and memories, if you go during the day get there before 10 and you will be able to use the restaurants sunbeds, have lunch there and stay the day, beautiful locations on superb beaches.

both restaurants have lovely staff and food and have a great laid back vibe.

you can also hire surfing equipment at memories and take surfing lessons.

make sure you go to both places of an evening also, great nights there, get there for 6 to watch the sunset.

we loved both places

enjoy, ian

Level Contributor
32 posts
34 reviews
22 helpful votes
3. Re: Beach bars & restaurants

I’ve been on Memories website and have seen some pics and reviews....it looks and sound an awesome place..ideal for us..we will definetly try the others too.

Shame they are not walkable up the beach but a taxi will be fine.

Reply to: Beach bars & restaurants
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak