We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao Lak to Phuket airport bus

London, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
27 reviews
6 helpful votes
Khao Lak to Phuket airport bus

I'm looking to get to phuket airport from Khao lak aspara resort. I have seen many post about taxis around 1200 Bart but not seen much about getting a bus. Is it possible or just not worth the hassle over the expense

7 replies to this topic
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
153 reviews
125 helpful votes
1. Re: Khao Lak to Phuket airport bus

There are no buses that go from Khao Lak to the Airport.

You may be able to get to the highway from your Hotel by Taxi then catch a bus going to Phuket Town and get off along the way at a point on the Highway near the Airport road. Then see if you can hail a Taxi to take you from there to the Airport, how much baggage will you have?.........Nah, "not worth the hassle over the expense"

Check with 'Boss Cheaper than Hotel' in Khao Lak. There have been recent posts that state they are only charging 1000THB. Email address on Facebook seems best contact method.

10 posts
2. Re: Khao Lak to Phuket airport bus

It seems that Boss has put his prices up it’s 1200 to Sensimar and more to the further hotels when I booked last week

Purley, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
930 posts
86 reviews
32 helpful votes
3. Re: Khao Lak to Phuket airport bus

No he hasnt. We paid 1000baht from airport to Sensimar on 5th Jan for 2 people and return to airport this Friday the same price. Board outside his place Phuket airport 1000baht. Let him know that you are aware of that!

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
77 reviews
56 helpful votes
4. Re: Khao Lak to Phuket airport bus

It also depends where in Khao Lak. From Bang La On or Bang Niang 1000 baht but if further out like Apsara it is often another 200 or so baht. Given it’s another 20+ minutes I think that’s fair enough.

10 posts
5. Re: Khao Lak to Phuket airport bus

I will! Thank you for that Shassa 😃

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
93 posts
10 reviews
13 helpful votes
6. Re: Khao Lak to Phuket airport bus

We’re thinking of staying at the Marriott in kho Lak in April anyone know the price of taxis to airport from there please ,also wha5 is the area like for walking around and shopping is there much there .

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
77 reviews
56 helpful votes
7. Re: Khao Lak to Phuket airport bus

Depending on the amount of people I think it would be around 1000-1200 baht with a pre-booked transfer with one of the popular operators.

If you put Marriott into the search box and sort by Date there are a few recent posts about this hotel.

It is a lovely place on a very good beach but there isn't a great deal around. There are a few restaurants to walk to but nothing really in the way of shopping/bars You would need to take a taxi or shuttle to Bang Niang or Bang La On for the two main restaurant and shopping areas. It isn't too far away but not on your doorstep.

Some love being a bit away from things, and the reviews are certainly very good. I prefer to be close to the towns but its personal choice really.

Edited: 21 January 2019, 14:05
Reply to: Khao Lak to Phuket airport bus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak