We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao sok jungle or lake trip

Level Contributor
256 posts
11 reviews
2 helpful votes
Khao sok jungle or lake trip

If I plan only one of these which would you suggest or I should really go for both?

I can do elephant bath and jungle trek in Khao Lak so maybe just go for lake trip?

Lake trip:

https:/…

Jungle trip:

Khao Lak jungle and elephant trips:

thanks

Edited: 18 January 2019, 02:54
18 replies to this topic
Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
77 reviews
56 helpful votes
1. Re: Khao sok jungle or lake trip

For me the lake wins hands down. It is absolutely spectacular and you won't be disappointed.

Level Contributor
256 posts
11 reviews
2 helpful votes
2. Re: Khao sok jungle or lake trip

I was just thiking though if I tour pnang nga bay will this not be similar to the lake?

So the lake is great how about the jungle trek also fun or just ok#/

Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
5 helpful votes
3. Re: Khao sok jungle or lake trip

The Lake trip looks nice but 4200 Baht per person seems a bit rich. It's not like your taking a gondola ride in Venice or a flight over the Grand Canyon. Have you looked at Khao Lak Travel Centre and Khao Lak Guru who offer a similar trip to Khao Sok for nearly half the price.

Level Contributor
727 posts
4. Re: Khao sok jungle or lake trip

It's wrong to keep wild animals in captivity for your entertainment so scratch that off your list if you have a conscience.

The bus to khao sok is about 100 baht and the Lake trip is 1500 so total cost should be 1700, probably plus one night's accommodation in khao sok because you cant get there early enough. If taking a tour from khao lak 2000 should be about right.

Level Contributor
727 posts
5. Re: Khao sok jungle or lake trip

The link doesn't say anything about the jungle trek you will do so hard to say how good it is. If the standard 3km walk (6km) starting from the main entrance, it's average. But you'll have a guide who will show you interesting uses of bamboo and maybe some survival stuff. And that walk includes a waterfall or two.

Level Contributor
256 posts
11 reviews
2 helpful votes
6. Re: Khao sok jungle or lake trip

i see thanks. I guess you were reffering to the elephants?

there is a jungle walk in koh lak also I wonder if this will suffice rather than jungle walk in koh sok, how different can it be? mmmm

then if one has done phang nga bay tour is the lake worth doing also in koh sok.

I could scrap koh sok completely and just do a few activites in koh lak

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
77 reviews
56 helpful votes
7. Re: Khao sok jungle or lake trip

It's really up to you. I personally think that the water and karsts on the lake are very different to Phang Nga bay but it depends on how much time you have etc whether you wanted to do one or both. The fresh water on the lake is an amazing colour and it is beautiful to swim in and it's a pretty unique experience. The bay is lovely too though :)

I did 2 tours to Khao Sok - one with Green Andaman which was excellent - only 5 of us, great guide, fantastic food and no rushing about. I also did one that I booked on the street and it was terrible - lots of wasted time picking people up in mini buses then waiting around in the town near the dam, the supposed 1 hour jungle trek turned into 3+ hours so some of us decided not to go so we were stuck at a raft house place for all that time. It was lovely but there was no food to buy, no cold water etc and we got back to the hotel 3 hours later than we were supposed to. I would much rather pay the extra and get a fantastic experience.

You can just turn up and get a longtail but there is no information/guides. Up to you, it really depends on what sort of experience you are looking for. For me, I don't want to go the cheapest way and get a poor experience - if I'm going to do something I'd rather do it properly.

Level Contributor
256 posts
11 reviews
2 helpful votes
8. Re: Khao sok jungle or lake trip

yeh thanks for that definealty read up and book the best even if more costly

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
444 posts
279 reviews
238 helpful votes
9. Re: Khao sok jungle or lake trip

We did a private day trip to the Lake and it is awesome (and probably a lot better than a gondola ride!!) We paid about 3,000 baht per person for the day including lunch, boat and private car there and back (2 hours drive each way) and about 3-4 hours out on the lake with a guide.

You get what you pay for - no other people just us on the boat and in the car. Excellent!

Warwickshire...
Level Contributor
254 posts
113 reviews
120 helpful votes
10. Re: Khao sok jungle or lake trip

Hi Julie can I ask who you did your day trip with. ,

Many Thanks

Reply to: Khao sok jungle or lake trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak