We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back in Khao Lak, whats new?

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
85 reviews
65 helpful votes
Back in Khao Lak, whats new?

Returning to this amazing place in Feb for our 3rd visit, didn't make it last year. So was wondering if there are any changes this over the last couple of years? Any good new restaurants or bars to look out for?

Staying at La Flora, Bang Niang.

Thanks as always, hope you all have a super Christmas.

Maz and Jo

8 replies to this topic
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
15 reviews
6 helpful votes
1. Re: Back in Khao Lak, whats new?

Buffalo wings bar run by Sa who owns rabeang has live music and has now opened a restaurant there as well.

Just down from rabeang towards la flora. Further out near the orchid hotel is a decent little restaurant called oh la la which is better than decent food.

Even further out at bangsak at the entrance to bangsak Merlin is Otto's a typical mom and pop type restaurant but does really good food which is cheap as is the beer at 100 baht for a large Chang. You will do well to find a large beer under 140 baht in bang Niang.

Some thing else you will notice on your way from the airport to khao lak is that the road is now nearly all dual carriageway with a lot of it completed..

Espoo, Finland
Level Contributor
15 posts
352 reviews
250 helpful votes
2. Re: Back in Khao Lak, whats new?

How is Buffalo Wings bar/restaurant? Is drinks selection good, also German beers / British ciders? Do you know if they also have seafood BBQ buffets, like for Christmas? I'm going to stay at the Waters for Christmas so right next to it.

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Back in Khao Lak, whats new?

Right... thanks for that. Will look them up for sure.

5 posts
4. Re: Back in Khao Lak, whats new?

Does anyone know what happened with Arandora? He was always best at answering these questions, but since some months he does not write here anymore?

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
169 posts
15 reviews
12 helpful votes
5. Re: Back in Khao Lak, whats new?

I have been wondering too, hope he and Barbara are ok?

Hull, England
Level Contributor
131 posts
44 reviews
35 helpful votes
6. Re: Back in Khao Lak, whats new?

I emailed Alan and Barbara, so far I have not had a reply. I was also concerned that he had not shared his wisdom with his fellow travelers.

Liz from Hull

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
3,195 posts
211 reviews
254 helpful votes
7. Re: Back in Khao Lak, whats new?

It was reported on another thread that Alan is having some health issues and taking a break from the forum for a while. Let's hope we see him back and well again soon.

Hull, England
Level Contributor
131 posts
44 reviews
35 helpful votes
8. Re: Back in Khao Lak, whats new?

Thank you Mr and Mrs Smith x

Reply to: Back in Khao Lak, whats new?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak