We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elephant park

Shellharbour...
5 posts
Elephant park

Hi,

Does anyone have some information on the elephant park near Villa Aspara and Memories. It seems as though it has just opened and can't find out any info on it. We are staying at The Haven and wanted to go to Memories for lunch and found this close by.

Thanks

5 replies to this topic
Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
5,215 posts
77 reviews
56 helpful votes
1. Re: Elephant park

It is run by Memories and they have a Facebook page so you can contact them that way. Search for Elephant Home Khao Lak. When we were at Memories about 10 days ago they told us it had only been opened for a few weeks.

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
70 posts
59 reviews
107 helpful votes
2. Re: Elephant park

Hi I saw it on Memories Facebook page

I’m staying at Apsara from Saturday and will find out for you.

Hoping it is just a home where you can look at the elephants and not ride them as I did that a few years back and the mahout hit the elephant with a bull hook and made it cry, broke my heart.

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
5,215 posts
77 reviews
56 helpful votes
3. Re: Elephant park

From our conversation with one of the staff there is absolutely no riding. There is bathing though.

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
70 posts
59 reviews
107 helpful votes
4. Re: Elephant park

Hi I’ve just come back from visiting the elephants at Memories, would definitely recommend.

It is has only been open for 1.5 months.

No riding, you can feed them and they do packages for bathing them.

There is a 60 year old elephant, blind in one eye

There are 3 x 3 year old elephants and one 6 year old elephant

All are rescued and look to be well cared for in a nice environment

Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
5 helpful votes
5. Re: Elephant park

We are holidaying at Khao Lak in August and we're looking at a trip to Khao Sok which included a visit to feed and ride elephants. After hearing about how some of the elephants are treated I will give this a miss now and visit the elephant sanctuary at Memories instead. Thank you for posting this.

Reply to: Elephant park
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak