We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Indecision - Please Help

Queensland...
Level Contributor
511 posts
28 reviews
30 helpful votes
Hotel Indecision - Please Help

Hi

I’ve narrowed it down to three options and just can’t decide. Hoping someone might have that last bit of information that makes the puzzle fit. Last minute trip in early December. Looking for relaxation, proximity to restaurants and massages, beach view but not big on swimming at beach, must have a great pool, preferably not family focused (we’re escaping from our kids).

Looking at Chong Fah, La Vela, Sensimar. We’ve been to KL a few years ago with the kids and stayed at Ramada which we loved but it’s a bit pricey this time around. And we would like to try somewhere different. Any thoughts or tips?

Thanks

16 replies to this topic
Perth
Level Contributor
589 posts
15 reviews
16 helpful votes
1. Re: Hotel Indecision - Please Help

If you want somewhere different out to the three then Sensimar is your pick.

Located in Bang La On, with plenty of restaurants and some good pools.

It may even be Adults only in December.

Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
5 helpful votes
2. Re: Hotel Indecision - Please Help

We have booked the Sensimar in August next year because it is Adults Only, located in a quiet beachside location and is within close proximity to good restaurants. A no brainer really.

Purley, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
928 posts
85 reviews
27 helpful votes
3. Re: Hotel Indecision - Please Help

Another recommendation for the Sensimar. Went this February and enjoyed so much, back in January 2019. No children, good position close, but not too close, to restaurants, good breakfasts, clean and decent sized rooms, pretty and well kept grounds. What more could you ask for?

Queensland...
Level Contributor
511 posts
28 reviews
30 helpful votes
4. Re: Hotel Indecision - Please Help

Thanks all. Think we’ll give the Sensimar a try.

Southern...
Level Contributor
6,594 posts
68 reviews
32 helpful votes
5. Re: Hotel Indecision - Please Help

Have a look at The Waters in Bang Niang, just up the road from the Ramada.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
89 reviews
81 helpful votes
6. Re: Hotel Indecision - Please Help

Your 3 choices are beach front, The Waters is not. It's pools are amazing, it is 'supposed to be adult only' an it is about a 300 metre walk to the beach.

Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
5 helpful votes
7. Re: Hotel Indecision - Please Help

Would also pay to check what Scoopon and Webjet Exclusive deals are available. I booked an all inclusive deal for the Sensimar a couple of months ago. 8 Nights upgraded to a Mountain View Room, Daily Buffet Breakfasts, Choice of Daily Lunch or Dinner, Two hour Massage Package, Airport Transfer ( one way ). Total $849 AUD. Webjet also had a similar deal with the Moracea which is next door to the Sensimar starting at $699 AUD. The Adults Only factor was the clincher for me.

Queensland...
Level Contributor
511 posts
28 reviews
30 helpful votes
8. Re: Hotel Indecision - Please Help

Hi thanks all. Sadly there are no scoop on deals at the moment but I shall keep checking. To be honest beachfront is not essential and I think adults only is taking priority! I’ll check out the waters in more detail but it’s reviews don’t seem quite as positive. Any idea why? Thanks

Southern...
Level Contributor
6,594 posts
68 reviews
32 helpful votes
9. Re: Hotel Indecision - Please Help

I have just checked the T/A reviews on the Waters and they give it the thumbs up.

liverpool
Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
5 helpful votes
10. Re: Hotel Indecision - Please Help

At the waters currently Suggest a direct pool access room , quiet laid back , no children here.

I would say breakfast is a bit same same but otherwise great value

Reply to: Hotel Indecision - Please Help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak