We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The new UK £10

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
The new UK £10

Is it only clean £20 notes that are accepted in banks and exchange booths?

I was wondering if the new £10 note is accepted?

4 replies to this topic
Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
4,185 posts
119 reviews
1. Re: The new UK £10

Bank of England £10 notes are accepted. As are £50's and £20's.

Edited: 15 November 2018, 06:34
British Columbia...
Level Contributor
2,824 posts
106 reviews
2. Re: The new UK £10

Not a silly question though. Last year we had trouble trying to get our new CAD $100 bills exchanged at a couple banks in Bangkok. They didn't have a record in their books of the new plastic $100s. Quite awkward; had to use ATM. We had NO problems exchanging them at kiosks in Hua Hin. (Zero problems in Nepal either.) Guess they were more familiar with Canadian money.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: The new UK £10

when we first went to Thailand, they wouldn't accept the old paper £10 note, only clean £20 notes,

thought I would ask as I don't want to use ATM's :)

thank you

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,934 posts
1 review
4. Re: The new UK £10

Hi Charlieliza, I would guess that when they refused the old £10 notes would be during the transition period from old to new, they stopped accepting the old notes quite some time before they actually went out of circulation in the UK. They accept £5, £10, £20 + £50 notes obviously the larger denomination notes are better as they are less bulky for the same amount of cash, and in some places you can get a slightly better rate for £50 notes than the others.

Reply to: The new UK £10
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak