We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotels have gentle stairs for access to pool

Sydney
Level Contributor
310 posts
79 reviews
Which hotels have gentle stairs for access to pool

Hi....Hubby and I (65 and 69) are intending on returning to Khao Lak next year. I'm keeping my eye out for good deals on Scoopon, Groupon and Luxury Escapes. Wondering if those who have stayed in the resorts like Waters, Sands etc. can give me some feedback about which resorts have pools that have easy access for people like me with osteo arthritis. We stayed at X10 on a deal last year but it was very difficult using the metal ladder. We did have a pool access room but the ledge was very difficult to get back up. So I'm looking for a more gentle step with easy acess. Thanks very much for taking the time to read my question.

7 replies to this topic
Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
3,175 posts
211 reviews
1. Re: Which hotels have gentle stairs for access to pool

I've stayed at The Waters a few times and it would have to be one of the most accessible resorts in Thailand for those with mobility issues. The big pool has a walk in access with handrail. The whole resort has excellent smooth concrete paths with ramps and the only steps are those going up to the 1st floor poolside rooms. Last time we were there an elderly lady was getting around with a wheelie walker very easily.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Which hotels have gentle stairs for access to pool

We are just back from The Sands and they have easy access pools. We also stayed in a pool access room and had two concrete steps to walk down and you were in your plunge pool and then another 2 or so steps down you were in a pool shared with 9 other rooms. The pools around the resort also provide easy access. There are stairs at the resort but there is always a ramp next to them.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
89 reviews
3. Re: Which hotels have gentle stairs for access to pool

The Waters has steps into the pool

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,674 posts
33 reviews
4. Re: Which hotels have gentle stairs for access to pool

We stayed at x10 in a pool access room and I couldn't get into or out of the pool. We then went to JW Marriott in a pool access room and it has 3 steps into the pool and you can hang onto the wall as well. It is a huge pool and winds all around the place. We have stayed there twice on luxury escapes deals. I would highly recommend the deal. It is all inclusive. The food and beverages are very expensive at JW M.

Linda

Sydney
Level Contributor
310 posts
79 reviews
5. Re: Which hotels have gentle stairs for access to pool

Thanks everyone for your replies. It really helps to know in advance of these deals appearing so we can make a quick choice.

Essex.England
Level Contributor
28 posts
43 reviews
6. Re: Which hotels have gentle stairs for access to pool

I am staying at THE WATERS now and would highly recommend if you opt for a swim up room as they are ground floor with easy pool access. The hotel grounds are also fairly flat with slopes and stairs easy to hand. Highly recommend.

Grosse Pointe...
Level Contributor
47 posts
38 reviews
7. Re: Which hotels have gentle stairs for access to pool

We are in our late 70s and have stayed ar the JWMarriott for the last four years. Pool access is very easy; especially near the main pool bar where the two stairs have railings. Some of the rooms on the first floor also have very easy pool accessfrom your room. Email the Marriott and they will be able to assist you.

Reply to: Which hotels have gentle stairs for access to pool
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak