We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Bars

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
4 reviews
Beach Bars

We are heading to khao lak 12th December for the third time.Last year we enjoyed a walk along nang thong beach and stopping for a couple of beers at the bars on the beach closer to bang niang.

I know these bars are illegal and got closed down not long after we left but what are the chances of them reappearing.

On another subject is it possible to walk from nang thong beach along bang niang beach on to khuk khak beach.

Thanks in advance

On a separate not

7 replies to this topic
melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,876 posts
146 reviews
1. Re: Beach Bars

In theory yes you can walk the distance, bearing in mind there are 2 water crossings and water volume dependant may thwart your progress, especially from the northern end of bang niang onto Khuk khak beach

its a long walk and you would need more than numerous beer stops, though water might be a saner option

if you do get as far as bang niang , you will run out of beach ,it is impassable

you need to access the beach rd at the end of the mukdara and then take the first inland road heading north again

its about 60 metres inland

you will pass the casa la flora, keep going till the road runs out, there is a beach resto there, for a drink, before to jump back down onto the beach

rain dependant the crossing just up from there may be or may not be passable

if it is you are on khuk khak beach

WE have walked many times from nang thong to the end of bang niang and back, and from khuk khak to bang niang, but nang thong to khuk khak , is too far

if you do attempt either or all , be well sunscreened and take water, you will need it...

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Beach Bars

I'm also curious of the beach bars and massage parlors along nang thong.

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Beach Bars

Thanks for that procol I will check it out when we get there.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
89 reviews
4. Re: Beach Bars

We have walked Nang Thong Bay Resort to the Bang Niang creek this morning and there are no bars and no massages setup, nor any sign of them.

The little pull across ferry at the creek across to Bang Niang has also gone.

There is a massage at La Own then the next is at Green Beach, which also has tables and chairs overlooking the beach and good food service

Leicester, England...
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: Beach Bars

I was there last xmas when they closed them down I also was wondering about the situation of the bars and the sun beds what harm were they doing.they have spoiled the place

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
103 posts
11 reviews
6. Re: Beach Bars

Does anyone know if Nanas on the Beach which was near to Merlin Resort is still there this year?

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,977 posts
76 reviews
7. Re: Beach Bars

Paul the bars were illegal and they were on public land. Not paying rent which isn't fair to the legitimate businesses who have to pay their way. I understand it is disappointing but it certainly hasn't spoilt the place for me.

Reply to: Beach Bars
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted