We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Were to stay in KL?

Sarpsborg, Norway
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Were to stay in KL?

Hello again!

We are planning our winther holiday to Thailand yet again, and for some reason we can not seem to get Khao Lak out of our minds... We have been here 4 times before, but we are in love with the place, evendough we constantly say that we should try other places in Thailand, maybe like Nai Harn beach Phuket, Krabi etc... But we always end up in one of the different beutiful beaches of Khao Lak... We/I have always got spot on information/feed back to my various questions from Arandorra and hope I’m lucky this time to, of course anyone who cares to answer is higly welcome!

We are loking at the Sentido Graceland, but it is a fare stretch from town, are there any restaurants and shops close ro this hotel? How is the beach? Wery important to us!!!! We have stayed at the Khao Lak Orchid beach resort earlier, recomended by Arandorra, we loved oure stay there as the beach were beutiful and the hotel wery nice. So were the restaurants near by the hotel such as Lay’s, and Kai’s this restaurants still close to the Orchid??? Lay was oure favorit! Are there any restaurants close to this hotel now? They seam to offer a wery good price...but qurious hence the last «beach law» how are the beaches of KL, beachloungers on the beach outside the Orchid fore instance?? Restaurants and so on...? Last year we stayed at the Kantary, wery nice stretch of beach, restaurants at both sides of the hotel, but not wery «comfy»/ thai-feeling to the hotel, so all in all where is the best place to stay in KL this winther?? Hoping for some god reconmandations! Thank you, yet again!

4 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
9 helpful votes
1. Re: Were to stay in KL?

We have booked at Gracelands as well for next year and there are restaurants on the beach I have been told, both left and right of the hotel.

I believe the land is private so they are allowed to have them on the beach.

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,910 posts
146 reviews
75 helpful votes
2. Re: Were to stay in KL?

I don't think you could call the Sentido, a comfy thai feeling

Its huge, lots of blocks of concrete boxes called rooms

there are plenty of Restos , either way along the beach

google map the Sentido to see.

Also read the TA reviews And look at the pics...

Stabekk, Norway
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
11 helpful votes
3. Re: Were to stay in KL?

Hei på dere/ Hi there,

We are always staying at various hotels at Nang Thong beach because of the closeness to Bang La On, (city center, 5 min. walk)

Our favourites are Baan Khaolak resort, a small beachfront hotel with rooms and villas, pool and sunloungers directly on the beach and Khaolak Laguna, the neighbour hotel at the south end of the beach.

Laguna is bigger, but have a lovely thai feeling! They both are beautifully laid out with lots of greenery and blends into nature.

If you want, please take a look at my reviews and pictures of them both😊

Have a great holiday! We are going back next week!!🌴☀️

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
15 reviews
6 helpful votes
4. Re: Were to stay in KL?

Have stayed at sentido twice in the past and found it better than ok with restaurants either side. Probably the most important thing to consider with sentido is that a large hotel is being built next door and will the noise etc coming from there impinge on your holiday.

Have you considered the bangsak Merlin further up the beach ? It also has restaurants on the beach as well as at its entrance with mini mart and massage parlours close to the entrance.

As for sun loungers on the beach the bangsak Merlin has them on the edge of the beach.

As for the orchid it no longer has loungers on the beach and no beach restaurants but there are several on the road to the orchid Khai restaurant is now situated close to the new le menara resort on bang lut beach but is having a tough time as nearly all the clientele are on a full board basis.

Just north of the orchid is the very nice looking resort called Devasom and is due to open around Christmas.

Reply to: Were to stay in KL?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak