We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi transfer recommendations

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,989 posts
35 reviews
Taxi transfer recommendations

Can anyone recommend a reputable taxi transfer service from Phuket airport to Khao Lak, or would it cost the same to just pick up a taxi at the airport rather than pre-book a transfer?

11 replies to this topic
Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
4,090 posts
118 reviews
1. Re: Taxi transfer recommendations

Boss Taxi is well recommended on the Khao Lak forum.

We've used his service a couple of times and were very happy.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Taxi transfer recommendations

Another vote for boss who's company is called cheaper than hotel,do a search on here for other recommendations from other travellers.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
211 reviews
3. Re: Taxi transfer recommendations

Both Boss Cheaper than Hotel Taxis and Mr Off get very good recommendations here. I've used both and they are very reliable. Mr Off is on Facebook at Off Khao Lak or contact via email offbariphone@hotmail.com

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
57 posts
52 reviews
4. Re: Taxi transfer recommendations

I emailed Mr Off and booked our taxi for December, we booked a luxury SUV 1300 bhat each way, he came back to me within an hour of me mailing him.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
89 reviews
5. Re: Taxi transfer recommendations

Boss is our recommendation as well, good cars, good drivers, always on time

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
34 reviews
6. Re: Taxi transfer recommendations

Another vote for Boss, used him this year and already booked him for next.

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
33 reviews
7. Re: Taxi transfer recommendations

I have used boss transfers for years. Our last transfer the driver drove like a maniac. We asked him to slow down but he wouldn't. It was very dangerous. Then a few days later our transfer from x10 to JW Marriott the driver was a maniac too. I reported to boss but he didn't seem too fussed. I will never use him again.

Linda

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
154 posts
12 reviews
8. Re: Taxi transfer recommendations

Hi, we used private taxi khao lak for transfers and other trips, very efficient and very good prices. Can recommend. Contact through Facebook or trip advisor

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
645 posts
50 reviews
9. Re: Taxi transfer recommendations

We must have had one of the same drivers as you Linda. We booked Boss based on recommendations from this forum for our transfer from the Manathai to the airport in April this year. We’d had a beautiful, relaxing first trip to Khao Lak and ended up very stressed out by the time we arrived at the airport. Ironically, we arrived earlier than we needed to (due to the fast and reckless driving) and then check-in for our flight didn’t open until about 2 hours before our flight instead of the 3 hours our airline had told us.

We won’t be using them again when we return to Khao Lak in April next year.

Level Contributor
39 posts
10. Re: Taxi transfer recommendations

Must have used Boss about 20 times over the years and never a problem. The only time we don't use him is when transfers are included as part of the deal (usually Scoopon).

Reply to: Taxi transfer recommendations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak