We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drawing out cash

Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Drawing out cash

I wonder if anyone can help . I’m travelling to khao lake and was wondering what’s best to take as money . Is there cash machines there or am I better off to take Thai baht ? I think the rate you get is better in Thailand . Any help welcome

3 replies to this topic
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
10,651 posts
63 reviews
1. Re: Drawing out cash

Plenty of ATMs.

But for most currencies it is generally better to take your own currency notes, clean, unmarked and high denomination, and change in Thailand.

You don't say where you are from?

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
13,868 posts
166 reviews
2. Re: Drawing out cash

I'm assuming from the UK, as most of these queries are. I would have a quick look at the hundreds of previous threads by people from the UK on the best way of getting money in Thailand. Really up to the individual

Brief summary

Take £'s in cash to maximise your money

Use ATM's if you don't like carrying cash, but know how much this will cost in bank fee's

Don't change your money in the UK, unless you don't care, or you're an international currency speculator buying for the future

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
186 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Drawing out cash

hi we took cash and exchanged at the banks. just make sure notes are clean with no writing on and no rips. the new ten pound notes went down well if you are from the uk

Reply to: Drawing out cash
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted