We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather September

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Weather September

Hi all,

Will be travelling to Khao Lak on the 16th September and I'm very much looking forward to it! However I have noted th weather at this time isn't particularly great (rain, cloudy etc...) Is this he case or can I expect to have days where it is purely sunny?

Thanks in advance!

10 replies to this topic
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
9,822 posts
62 reviews
1. Re: Weather September

Yes, potentially very wet with the sea rough and unsafe for swimming.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Weather September

Hi thanks for your reply.

I've heard the rain is sporadic (e.g one hour in the afternoon and then sunny again) is that true or should I prepare for worse?

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
9,822 posts
62 reviews
3. Re: Weather September

It can be as you describe or it can rain for longer periods. Impossible to say really.

Deals for flights and hotels are cheap in September because it is low season and you will get some rain.

2 posts
4. Re: Weather September

Sitting here now, not a cloud in the sky

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Weather September

Hi John,

How long have you been in Khao Lak for and how rainy has it been?

2 posts
6. Re: Weather September

4 days now, was cloudy yesterday but still burned my shoulders, it's rained a few times, mostly early hours of the morning and 1 evening for around 20 minutes, was like a warm shower 😂

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: Weather September

Just arrived into Khao Lak today and it has been absolutely chucking it down... Hopefully this will clear for tomorrow!

Belfast, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Weather September

Hi matron can I ask how the weather was on ur holiday. We are going in 2 days.

Belfast, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: Weather September

Hi matron can I ask how the weather was on ur holiday. We are going in 2 days.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
10. Re: Weather September

Hi,

Weather has been on and off the last 10 days. When we arrived it was very heavy which we initially thought was the aftermath of the Philippines typhoon, however this was deemed to be normal by the locals at this time.

It has been how everyone has said before: you could be sunbathing one minute in 32 degree heat and the heavens open randomly for 30 mins then back to sunny again.

There has been two occasions to note where we have sunbathed from 11am to 1pm and then heavy rain for the rest of the day.

Yesterday and the day before there has been 32 degree heat with approximately 30 mins of rain during the day and we are both burned to a cinder!

You will be fine and going towards the back end of September should mean the rain will ease up.

Enjoy it, so much to do here!

Reply to: Weather September
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak