We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baby food

sydney
Level Contributor
34 posts
22 reviews
Baby food

Hi we are going to Khao lak in a few weeks travelling with a baby... can we buy baby food there or is it best to bring with us ? ( I’m bringing formula / nappy / wipes ) TIA

4 replies to this topic
Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,981 posts
76 reviews
1. Re: Baby food

You can buy baby food at the Nang Thong Supermarket which has a pretty good range. I haven't looked closely as I wasn't buying it but I have seen plenty of it there. Hopefully someone can add their experience of the actual brands and flavours etc.

Phillip Island...
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
73 reviews
2. Re: Baby food

I would certainly take what you need from home and then top up from the supermarket if you run out. You probably won't be able to get exactly what you want or what your baby likes, brand wise.

There is a great supermarket called mother Marche which we found when travelling into KL from the Kantary (we had a car, otherwise it's a bit out of town).

Edited: 08 August 2018, 16:07
Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,981 posts
76 reviews
3. Re: Baby food

How old is baby? We went 20 years ago when my daughter was 8 months old and she ate lots of mashed banana, rice cereal with fruit mixed in and our hotel was happy to make mashed vegies for her too.

Pouches would travel well from home too?

sydney
Level Contributor
34 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: Baby food

Thanks for the tips re hotel purée , bub is teething so reverting to purée as the molars break through and don’t want to get stuck maybe safe to take and top up

Reply to: Baby food
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak