We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Leaf ? ๐Ÿƒ

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Which Leaf ? ๐Ÿƒ

Hi,

We have been doing lots of research deciding where to go in Thailand. We have decided on Khao Lak but need some help with hotels !

I have narrowed it down to The Leaf on the Sands and The Leaf Oceanside, with a slight leaning towards Leaf on the Sands. We donโ€™t want a hotel thats to noisy, we like peace and quiet but that said we like to have a walk out in the evening for food and a drink. The beach isnโ€™t a deal breaker and we are happy for a bit of a walk to the beach. Some shops nearby would be nice as well as the chance to do some trips out to see some culture and history .

So, if any of you lovely people have some advice or comments please let me know.

Thank you

Sara x

4 replies to this topic
Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
for Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza
Level Contributor
2,309 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Leaf ? ๐Ÿƒ

Hi Sara. I went to the X10 back in February and made a map to show the locations of hotels that we were interested in. I updated it when we returned with a few other bits of information. It shows both of the hotels that you are interested in.

Map - https://drive.google.com/openโ€ฆ

Hope it helps

Phil

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Leaf ? ๐Ÿƒ

Leaf Oceanside is the newer of the two properties with similar accommodation and facilities and located in the centre of Bang La On, the main town, just across from the beach. Restaurants, bars and shops nearby and up to the centre of town where most are found in both directions.

Leaf on the Sands is at the northern end of town just off the highway with a longish access road to the beach. Plenty of restaurants etc starting tobth right on both sides of the highway.

Hopefully comments from those who have stayed at either will help as will a look at the TA reviews.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
9,528 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Leaf ? ๐Ÿƒ

Earlier this year I had a confirmed booking at LOS but when I went to check in we were 'upgraded' to Oceanside. So I guess LOS was overbooked.

I quite liked Oceanside. Only a short walk to the beach and a cut through to the main drag via Centara (the walk along the road is longer). The rooms were not luxurious but they were adequate and of a reasonable size. Rooms away from the pool/restaurant area would be much quieter and more private.

Edited: 08 August 2018, 00:35
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Leaf ? ๐Ÿƒ

Thanks everyone, think we have decided on The Leaf on the Sands, so now to get the best price !

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

Edited: 08 August 2018, 22:12
Reply to: Which Leaf ? ๐Ÿƒ
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak