We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trips - buy online or when there

Vejle, Denmark
Level Contributor
1 post
53 reviews
Trips - buy online or when there

Hi.

I've seen various sites like http://www.ecokhaolak.com offering trips.

Are these the prices or will we realize when coming out there that the prices can be much lower?

We're a family of 6 so always looking for good offers, but also for a quality company to take us around.

Thanks!

7 replies to this topic
Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,981 posts
76 reviews
1. Re: Trips - buy online or when there

You can wait until you get there.

With 6 people I would be contacting a few of the reputable tour guides like Lora of Dior Travel or Khao Lak Guru to tailor something for your group that should work out cheaper.

Personally I have used Eco Khao Lak and Green Andaman and while expensive they do small groups that avoid crowds, look after you amazingly, have good tour guides and are in my opinion worth every penny. This was only emphasised when we did a Khao Sok tour from a street agency that was a nightmare.

Edited: 05 August 2018, 03:58
Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,981 posts
76 reviews
2. Re: Trips - buy online or when there

There are more reputable companies that sell through tour desks, hopefully Arandora can help do you could ask for them by name.

We saved about 1000 baht per person on the Khao Sok trip compared to the one we did with Green Andaman. Sounds a lot but when the comparison is from ones of the best days ever to one of the worst (nothing dangerous just extreme poorly organised, no communication st all during the day, late back over 4 hours etc) for me I just won’t do it again.

Nakhon Si...
Level Contributor
971 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Trips - buy online or when there

I wouldn't advise booking any trip from a kiosk or hotel desk. Best to book directly with the operator at their office.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
4. Re: Trips - buy online or when there

Many of the tour shops use the same operators. Have a look at TA listings for recommended ones as well as the personal tours previously mentioned.

khao lak
Level Contributor
272 posts
1 review
5. Re: Trips - buy online or when there

many of the big tour companies have desks in hotels,they have to pay for the location,that reflects on price,dior or laura are small private folk,there are bargains to be had

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
157 posts
12 reviews
6. Re: Trips - buy online or when there

Try Lora at Dior travel in bang niang. We were a party of 6 and we did personalised tours with Lora throughout our stay. She was great fun, very knowledgable and her prices were excellent

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
7. Re: Trips - buy online or when there

Lora contact diorkhaolak@yahoo.co.th

Reply to: Trips - buy online or when there
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak