We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baan Khao Laak, question about two storied cottage

Gdynia, Poland
Level Contributor
385 posts
Save Topic
Baan Khao Laak, question about two storied cottage

hi,

I've just checked BKL's offer and found out that cheapest option is two storied cottage. Has anyone of you stayed in this kind of accomodation? How big is it? Do you think, it's suitable for 2 adults and a child (7)? I'm also affraid that it might be close to the road. Isn't it too loud over there?

Best regards, Bartek

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baan Khao Laak, question about two storied cottage

My friend stayed in a single storey cottage a few weeks ago but she said the two storey ones looked very spacious. They are near the highway which is very busy (with some noise) during the day but quiet at night.

Gdynia, Poland
Level Contributor
385 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Baan Khao Laak, question about two storied cottage

thanks Arandora:-)

Unfortunetaly, I've just found out that they serve extremaly small breakfests and, from my point of view, this is huge disadvantage:-(

So, even if their two storied cottages are very spacious, I have to search for other places...

Best regards, Bartek

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baan Khao Laak, question about two storied cottage

Hi Bartek,

I have just checked with my friend (who is German) and two teenage sons were at BKL with her, all 3 "boys" being very well bulit with matching appetites, and this is what she said:

"My boys get really enough to eat at breakfast. There (at BKL) you get: Some sorts of bread and Brötchen (rolls), Muffins, Croissant, Toast. You can drink coffee, tea and water and juice.There is american breakfast, sausages, bacon and egg. There are 2 thai- meals every day. Butter, Marmelade, Honey and Eggs(omelette, fried eggs, scrambled egg, etc) Müesli, Cornflakes, Milk,and fruits (Papaya, Ananas, Pomelo, Bananas)

No cheese and no Salami, etc."

Seems like plenty to me!

Mentioned in this post
Papaya
Papaya
615 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Gdynia, Poland
Level Contributor
385 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Baan Khao Laak, question about two storied cottage

You're right. It sounds like "regular" breakfest. I found negative opinions about their breakfests on German website www.holidaycheck.de. Well, different people, different requirements. So, BKL welcome back on our list!

Thanks a lot, Bartek

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baan Khao Laak, question about two storied cottage

If you understand German, then have a look at this link

www.mykhaolak.de/forum/board.php?boardid=60

and join the Forum if you have more questions. I'm a non-German speaking intermediary! LOL

Alan

6. Re: Baan Khao Laak, question about two storied cottage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 06:49
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak