We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help please.

winchester
Level Contributor
29 posts
28 reviews
44 helpful votes
Help please.

Hi we stayed at the Orchid Beach hotel in May and befriended a black and white dog who was a companion with the dog who belonged to the hotel. I have been in touch with the hotel to try and find out if the dog has an owner but so far no luck. If anybody is staying at the haven at the moment or going in the near future (the orchid beach is shut for refurbishment) and eats at the local restaurants Rimlay, Andeman etc please could you keep your eyes open for the dog please. If you see him please can you let me know and if you are really kind could you ask any of the local people if he has an owner. I would really love to try and bring him back to the UK if he isn't owned. Thank you for your help.

25 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
425 posts
39 reviews
28 helpful votes
1. Re: Help please.

You could try Wendy who looks after the stray dogs at Nan Thong beach. She has a facebook page you could message.

https://www.facebook.com/wendysbeachdogs/

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
425 posts
39 reviews
28 helpful votes
2. Re: Help please.

Also when I was at Pam's (about 10 minutes from the Haven) she had about 4 strays in residence at her restaurant so you could possibly fb message her. She does reply to fb messages.

winchester
Level Contributor
29 posts
28 reviews
44 helpful votes
3. Re: Help please.

Thank you I will x

winchester
Level Contributor
29 posts
28 reviews
44 helpful votes
4. Re: Help please.

Thank you I will x

Level Contributor
53 posts
5. Re: Help please.

Might not be the kindest thing to do as it will miss all it's friends and it probably doesn't speak a word of English.

Southern...
Level Contributor
6,597 posts
68 reviews
32 helpful votes
6. Re: Help please.

And will have to put up with the awful weather.

winchester
Level Contributor
29 posts
28 reviews
44 helpful votes
7. Re: Help please.

Hi just thought I'd let you know that I contacted Wendy and she located him. We are now in the process of adopting him and starting the long process to bring him back. Thanks for your help xx

8. Re: Help please.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 14 July 2018, 12:07

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
425 posts
39 reviews
28 helpful votes
9. Re: Help please.

Thats such good news I'm so pleased to hear it. Its so terrible watching all these stray dogs being left to survive on their own. Please update us when you manage to get your little one home.

hunter valley nsw
Level Contributor
302 posts
36 reviews
22 helpful votes
10. Re: Help please.

What an amazing story.. please keep us informed

Reply to: Help please.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak