We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Tours - sameness on itineraries

melbourne
Level Contributor
268 posts
42 reviews
Day Tours - sameness on itineraries

Hi, When I research the different day tours on offer for Khao Lak (e.g. Khao Sok Rafting, Khao Sok Lake), it seems as those the itineraries for each of the tour companies seem to be very similar (if not the same). Have other people found the same thing?

I am holidaying in Khao Lak in July and am looking to do a day trip to Khao Sok. We have done the elephant trek on a previous Khao Lak trip and the whitewater rafting sounds a bit tame. If anyone has any suggestions, these would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

9 replies to this topic
Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,830 posts
89 reviews
1. Re: Day Tours - sameness on itineraries

Many operators tailor to your needs, try Lora from Dior travel in Bang Niang or Boss Cheaper than hotel taxis

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
2,711 posts
78 reviews
2. Re: Day Tours - sameness on itineraries

Firstly many of the tour booking sites you find on the internet are actually agents so often when you think you are looking at the same trip, you actually are. But secondly, the tours can seem same-y because they are based around what most people want to see.

You have 2 options - just pick the group tour you like the most and join it. Or organise a private tour, where you can adjust the itinerary pretty much how you want, within reason. Of course, you'll pay more for a private tour but often it is worth it.

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Day Tours - sameness on itineraries

hi, contact lora at dior travel, she will recommend tours and tailor tours to your needs. can highly recommend her as a person and guide.

melbourne
Level Contributor
268 posts
42 reviews
4. Re: Day Tours - sameness on itineraries

Thankyou all for your suggestions. I will contact Lora.

Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
539 posts
44 reviews
5. Re: Day Tours - sameness on itineraries

How did you go getting a tour researchnextholiday? We're coming over in August and staying at the Marriott in Khao Lak and I'm currently looking at some day tours. Thanks.

Tracey.

melbourne
Level Contributor
268 posts
42 reviews
6. Re: Day Tours - sameness on itineraries

Hi tracey

We are at the Marriott at the moment and took the advice using lora for our daytrip. Lora was flexible and was able to combine the lake tour with the bamboo rafting. My family agreed that it would have been a waste to do this as 2 separate day tours. We got picked up at 7am and dropped back at around 5pm. It was a good day. The weather in khao sok was sunnier than khao lak (there was some showers). Lora was lovely.

Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
539 posts
44 reviews
7. Re: Day Tours - sameness on itineraries

That's good to hear researchnextholiday. I've stopped looking for a tour to book from home now, just collecting ideas now and will book when we get there. I'll put Lora on the list. Thanks.

Tracey.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
8. Re: Day Tours - sameness on itineraries

See pics of popular things to do in and around Khao Lak at https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297… and plenty more information in the Top Question FAQs on the right of the forum when you view it on a PC/laptop/tablet

Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
539 posts
44 reviews
9. Re: Day Tours - sameness on itineraries

Thank you Arandora. Lots to do!

Reply to: Day Tours - sameness on itineraries
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations