We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bayfront Resort

Melbourne
Level Contributor
60 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Bayfront Resort

Hello all. I am posting this as I had so much infor finding independent reports on the Bayfront Resort on Sunset Beach myself and have just returned from 5 nights there.

It is an absolutely gorgeous place. The rooms are fantastic, 2 pools, lovely landscaping, plenty of loungers, reasonable food - though breakfast could be better, but their Thai food is nice and not westernised. It is approx 15 minutes walk into town for shops, restaurants etc. or you can catch a taxi for 60Baht. The beach is beautiful, quiet and very picturesque with jungle clad cliffs just behind.

If there was any recommendation it would be to increase their TV coverage which had only 1 Thai channel and oddly - obscure German, Russian and American channels

Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bayfront Resort

Caz,

I agree with most of your coments, although I wuold suggest the Thai breakfast is excellent, with many varied Thai Fare avialable each morning, alhtough I agree, given most of thier current cientele are from Germany/

Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bayfront Resort

Caz,

I agree with most of your comments, although I would suggest the Thai menu (breakfast/lunch/dinner) is excellent. Virtually all morning Thai fare was varied. Although the dinner menu was too alike to the lunch menu. Additionally, given most of their current clientele are from Germany/

...sorry, first post.....

Scandinavia, they may appreciate a more varied range of Euro fare. But then again, why come to a far foreign country for home comforts?

Surprisingly, the resort lunch/dinner menu was very affordable. Very rarely the case in Thailand, as most resorts carter, specifically to western wallet and therefore over the top.

Keep an eye for restaurants/bars near your resort; virtually all over charge less than your resort.

Although, I have to say the beds were fairly hard.

When catching a (tuk tuk) taxi to the city centre, like buying clothing, never accept the first offer unless written.

3. Re: Bayfront Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 06:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations