We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

John Gray Hongs by Starlight Tour

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
John Gray Hongs by Starlight Tour

Whether staying in Khao Lak, Phuket or Krabi, a not to be missed Tour is the fabulous and unique Hongs by Starlight Tour, details of which are at

johngray-seacanoe.com/thailand/hong-by-starl…

You can also view our Web Album of such a wonderful and memorable experience - from beginning to end, and delivered in perfect weather too! The memory of seeing the clouds parting and the stars sparkling above us just as we released our kratong (kratsong?) will remain with us forever! Thanks to John and his team, as they say, for the memory!!

http://photos.orange.co.uk/album/5327981

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
211 posts
85 reviews
1. Re: John Gray Hongs by Starlight Tour

Arandora, a bunch of us having shopping around for kayaking tours in Phang Nga and we chanced upon JGSC's Hong by Starlight. we're a little confused however over the pricing, and hope you could perhaps help us out. We found some travel agents which purport to offer the tour at 3450 THB per person - that's 500 THB cheaper than John Gray's website. Isn't this strange?

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
2. Re: John Gray Hongs by Starlight Tour

Hi Arandora,

Did they pick you up from Khao Lak for this tour and what was the travelling time to Ao Po pier. Also did you book from the Uk beforehand or while in KL as i have read on the phuket site some people have had problems getting it confirmed. I shall consider this trip for April as you cant lie on a beach all day.

Julie

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: John Gray Hongs by Starlight Tour

It's supposed to be the same price however booked but I also read that some local places were offering it cheaper. Not to be confused with other "sunset" cruises of the Bay.

I booked on-line with very little problem because I wanted to be certain of date. You fill the on-line booking form in and receive a virtually immediate booking confirmation. However, it does not confirm the date. I just followed that up with another Email. When you arrive you ring the local phone number given and confirm where you are staying, the date and transfer arrangements.

Transfer time is about one and a half hours and cost from Khao Lak about 1500 baht extra, I think. We drove to the pier ourselves.

4. Re: John Gray Hongs by Starlight Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 03:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak