We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lora at Dior travel

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Lora at Dior travel

Hi,

Anyone in khao lak now or due to arrive I just want to give our experience travelling with Lora at Dior travel. As suggested by arandora on here I emailed Lora before arriving to tell her we were interested in the Phang Nga Bay tour as a private tour, 6 of us and she was quick to respond.

We have just arrived back after a superb day and Lora was a fantastic guide, very knowledgeable, charming and witty, we cannot praise her highly enough.

Lora took us through the mangroves where she spotted about ten monkeys sitting watching us, we went to James Bond island which was virtually empty when she got us there and she took loads of photos of us all like our personal photographer. We then went to the canoe station for canoeing in the caves which was superb and then onto the floating village where we had lunch and she gave us a tour round telling us the history of the village and how people live there. After this we went to the reclining Buddha monkey temple and fed monkeys which was a really nice experience for us all, in the temple Lora explained the history of the temple. As an extra Lora asked would we like to go to a waterfall which we had to decline as the older ones were beginning to feel the heat. All this for 2500 baht each, well worth it. Can't recommend Lora highly enough.

Her email is diorkhaolak@yahoo.co.th

36 replies to this topic
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lora at Dior travel

Thanks for the feedback.

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,842 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lora at Dior travel

Thanks for your great review. We are looking to do something like this in November.

Rochester, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lora at Dior travel

We are due to arrive in KL next week. We are on the elderly side but fairly fit. How was the experience of getting in and out of a canoe, or a raft. We are not over weight just a bit more careful now! I am interested in doing the "little amazon" or the mangroves, along with anything else like the Lake. What's your advice. Also, can we book up when we get there, as we want to recover from our journey first before trying out a trip.

Thanks in advance

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lora at Dior travel

Hi, getting in and out was fine, everybody is very helpful, you are helped in and out of the longtail boat and canoe and at James Bond island they have a set of steps they bring to the boat, we are early fifties and it was fine. Lora does all tours.

The reason we picked Phang nga bay over the lake which I believe is beautiful was the travel time, about 1 hour compared to about 2ish i believe. We will be doing another full day trip but not sure which one as it is tiring in the heat.

Lora is busy and I would contact her just to provisionally book a date although if your flexible on days you should be ok waiting

Have a great trip

Rochester, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lora at Dior travel

Many thanks Ian. I think we shall just see how the land lies when we get there. We are totally flexible so I am sure she will be able to find a suitable time for us to do some trips.

Glad you enjoyed your holiday!

Level Contributor
198 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lora at Dior travel

Ian could you have personalised your trip and left out the canoeing for example? I can’t sit in a canoe due to a back/hip problem

Level Contributor
198 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lora at Dior travel

Also, could someone give me the email address for Lora please?

Shrewsbury
Level Contributor
923 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lora at Dior travel

Hi do you mind me asking how much did the trip cost you? Thank you!

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lora at Dior travel

I also have a back problems and took the advice of my canoeist to sit sideways so the side of the inflatable boat is against your lower back and your feet are hanging over the other side. It was way more comfortable this way. And don't worry about the water depth it was very shallow. Hope this helps.

Shrewsbury
Level Contributor
923 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lora at Dior travel

Ahhh just read your post again and saw the cost! Thanks!

Reply to: Lora at Dior travel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations