We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying with Tui from the UK

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
479 posts
25 reviews
60 helpful votes
Flying with Tui from the UK

Anyone have any experience of this? I’m worried that we land at around 5.30am say we get to the hotels for around 8am are we going to be able to check in or will we have to wait till 3pm?

29 replies to this topic
Rawai, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,706 posts
31 reviews
38 helpful votes
1. Re: Flying with Tui from the UK

No experience but info like that will be on your Tui booking confirmation.

You have probably paid for the full night, thus allowing you to get in to your room ‘early’.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
479 posts
25 reviews
60 helpful votes
2. Re: Flying with Tui from the UK

Sadly it’s not, I may have to ring them to find out

Herne Bay, United...
Level Contributor
291 posts
73 reviews
62 helpful votes
3. Re: Flying with Tui from the UK

We flew with virgin to Koh Samui at similar times and had to wait til 2 for our room. We packed swim suits and flip flops in our hand luggage and headed straight for the pool. The other option is to try and book the night before at the hotel so you can check in immediately

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
479 posts
25 reviews
60 helpful votes
4. Re: Flying with Tui from the UK

That was my second thought, book for the night before! As you know coming from the uk is a trek and I’m just going to want to flop when I get there so I might just do that 😊

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
4,296 posts
119 reviews
48 helpful votes
5. Re: Flying with Tui from the UK

I would agree that you should book a room for the night before. It's a long flight and the last thing you'll need is to wait until 2pm for a room.

For me this sort of thing is a big downside of booking a package tour. I much prefer choosing scheduled flights and working hotels around the flights and would urge you to do the same whenever you fly long haul. It's certainly more flexible and probably a fair bit cheaper too.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
180 helpful votes
6. Re: Flying with Tui from the UK

Which hotel are you staying at? Tui may have special arrangements for rooms in its package hotels.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
10,923 posts
63 reviews
126 helpful votes
7. Re: Flying with Tui from the UK

Check with Tui and depending on their answer.......

To avoid possible extra cost or there being no room available your long stop would be to do as per #3, get a totally shaded sunbed and sleep until your room is available.

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
83 posts
60 reviews
108 helpful votes
8. Re: Flying with Tui from the UK

We have flown with TUI 3 times to Phuket.

If the plane takes off on time you will probably land around 7am, after immigration etc we got to our hotel Apsara at 10am, our room was ready.

On 2 occasions our flights were delayed going out, recently by 4 hours, 1st time by 7 hours, our room has always been ready.

essex
Level Contributor
70 posts
77 reviews
110 helpful votes
9. Re: Flying with Tui from the UK

We have also flown with Tui on 3 occasions to Phuket and check-in time at the hotel has been 2pm. If the room is ready when you arrive they will let you check-in but just in case the room is not going to be ready till 2pm be prepared with clothes at the top of the suitcase so you can change and get on with your day in comfort.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
479 posts
25 reviews
60 helpful votes
10. Re: Flying with Tui from the UK

@andorra we are staying at the waters.

According to our tickets the flight is due to arrive at 5.35am, figure we would get there around 9am.

Have checked the hotel website and they have no availability for the night before. I’ll put some shirts etc in my hand luggage and hope for the best!

Reply to: Flying with Tui from the UK
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations