We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beachfront villa baan khao lak

Perth
1 post
beachfront villa baan khao lak

Has anyone stayed in the beachfront villas at the baan khao lak?

We are going in May with our 3yrd old and 6 month old and were wondering whether to get two adjoining cottages or a beachfront villa.

Does the beachfront villa have a separate area to put a childs bed and cot away from the main area or is it very open plan.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: beachfront villa baan khao lak

Looking at the plan on the hotel website at www.baankhaolak.com/plan-beachfontvilla.html

the villa is basically one room with bed and living accommodation plus a bathroom. I think I would ask hotel which room type they recommend for your family.

Superior rooms in the superior wing appear to have inter connecting doors between adjoining rooms.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
146 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: beachfront villa baan khao lak

We are booked in a Beach-front villa in April, with our friends booked in to a Seaview Cottage with interconnecting doors for their kids. Sounds like the ticket to me as I have read that the Seaview's are lovely and the extra space/privacy would have to be a bonus. Our other friends have booked the 2 stories cottage so we will give a comprehensive review on all the accommodation upon our return. Looks fab which ever one you choose, though!

Ocean Grove...
Level Contributor
122 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: beachfront villa baan khao lak

There are a couple of reviews of the Baan Khao Lak under the Hotels page. Some of these people may be able to help you ouy.

Cheers

Canberra, Australia
4 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: beachfront villa baan khao lak

My husband and I have just returned from Thailand - one week was spent at Baan Khao Lak in a Seaview Villa. It was wonderful! If you go to their website http://www.baankhaolak.com there are plans of the accommodation. The Seaview or Beachfront Villas are very open plan which may be difficult with a 3yr & 6mth old. We thoroughly enjoyed our time at BKL and would recommend the resort.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
994 posts
49 reviews
5. Re: beachfront villa baan khao lak

just returned from a beach front villa and yes they are great but shame about all the people on sunbeds right in front of our window some looking right in at us, they are there at 0645 hrs yes 0645 to reserve there bed and not coming back untill 1000-1100 .so your beach front villa has no privicey at all it is not nice paying all that extra money for a beach front villa and you either put up with people stairing right at you or you close the blinds and you have no view of the sea.

i would not stay in a beach front villa at this resort .

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
6. Re: beachfront villa baan khao lak

upthedons,

That is a disappointing (for you and prospective occupants) and important reply. I presume you left appropriate comments with management if you completed a check-out questionnaire.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
994 posts
49 reviews
7. Re: beachfront villa baan khao lak

hi,

we had planed to mention it when we were checking out but my wife got a very severe dose of food posioning on our last night from the restaurant across the road from the baan khao lak which was a surprise as it was the cleanest restaurant we were in on our 3 week tour of thailand and complaining was the last thing on our mind.those big fat prawns are great but they come with a price as they were the ones that got me last year.khao lak was great but the people at the hotel were the most un-friendly bunch that we came across in our 5 hotel stay on our trip.we stayed at the sayang beach bungalows in ko lanta in a beach front villa (40 pounds per night) and if you can handle a few beasties it is fantastic place and the villa is well wow thats all i can say and the staff well wow again in my opinion the real thailand.

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
2,970 posts
233 reviews
8. Re: beachfront villa baan khao lak

Hi,

We have booked a beach front villa for later this year. When you say the people are un-friendly, are you referring to the staff?

Also, what times were all the people invading on your privacy? Could you tell me what number villa you stayed in?

Apart from the beachfront villa how would you rate your stay?

Hope you don't mind all the questions?

Thanks

Sarah

Newport Pagnell...
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
9 reviews
9. Re: beachfront villa baan khao lak

Thanks balimoon.I was about to ask the same questions.,

I have more or less decided on Baan Khaolak Resort,and am trying to make up my mind which rooms would be best,but I wouldn't want people on sun loungers outside my window,nor would I like unfriendly staff.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
994 posts
49 reviews
10. Re: beachfront villa baan khao lak

dont get me wrong the place is very nice it would not put me off going back to this resort but when you pay twice as much for the beach front villa and you get all those people looking inn it was a bit off -putting ,i cant remember the number but it was the first one you come to you should ask for the 2nd or 3rd one inn they are a bit better, as for the staff they are still nice enough but on our trip to other resorts the staff would do anything for you always saying hello etc.but the staff here at the reception didnt even look up when we going out or coming back but if we were wanting something they were fine.khao lak really is a fantastic place but me and my wife for sure would rather stay a few rows behind for at least half the price as a beachfront bungalow and the rooms are really really nice.

hope this helps and dont make the same mistake as us as im sure if we asked they would have moved the beds infront of the villas but we didnt want to make a scene...big mistake

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak