We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ayara v.s wanaburee

malaysia
Level Contributor
147 posts
ayara v.s wanaburee

we have 2 kids under 4 yrs with us.

which resort is better for family?? as in, we would let the kids roam fairly freely. not having to look over their shoulder everywhere they go. i know ayara has a single small pool and so does wanaburre.

ayara offered us family seaview v.s the estate from wanaburee. for about 400 baht cheaper than wanburee. would also be taking our kids out for dinner and outside restaurants need to be within a few minutes of walking distance.

btw.. we are also confirmed on staying at haadson and merlin during our stay there.

thanks

CENTRAL COAST...
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
1. Re: ayara v.s wanaburee

Hello - just returned from 4 days at the Ayara - we have 2 kids under 4 - we loved it the staff were excellent - we stayed in a beachfront villa - as we wanted to be right on the beach - never the less we were all in one room - but for 3 days we coped - the staff are amazing - the restauarnt was about 5 meter walk from our room - so we could go back and check on sleeping kids etc while we had a late dinner etc - oh how fabolous it was - there pool is very very good for kids - only small - the 2 bedroom family villa is near the pool but you will get no view of the beach at all - but we would go there again - the service was great - there were other beach restauarnts to go to -

any questions just ask

mards

malaysia
Level Contributor
147 posts
2. Re: ayara v.s wanaburee

hio. was told by ayara. that in beach front bungalows. too small to fit in an extra bed,. was asked to/.. i quote

"I would not recommend you to stay in Beach front and not suitable for an extra bed.

I would suggest you Family Seaview Bungalow

**Separate, mini room with single bed or bunk-bed 3-4 persons** "

we would prefer the beach front so that u wake up with A sea view. btw.. did you asked for an extra bed?? did they fit it in the beach front bungalows??

thanks

CENTRAL COAST...
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
3. Re: ayara v.s wanaburee

ok we were only staying 3 nights - so we could deal with it for only that amount of time - as the rooms are not big for 4 people - we had the queen bed - an extra single bed and a cot!! all jammed in together - but i tell you it was 10 steps to the restauarnt and 5 to the beach - we were only in the room for sleep and on the beach/pool for the rest of the stay - i could do 3 nights like that but maybe 4 but n or more - it was squashed but we loved it loved it loved it!!

CENTRAL COAST...
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
4. Re: ayara v.s wanaburee

oh the MERLIN Is way out of town!! - Ayara is much closer!!

Mards

malaysia
Level Contributor
147 posts
5. Re: ayara v.s wanaburee

thanks./

maybe i will hold the room confirmation. go there and see for ourselves. i would love the villa you got., i would be there for the most 3 nights too. shifting to somewhere else.

ayara does give us a reasonably good rates. cant wait till may.

thanks. any pictures??

kktan88@gmail.com

CENTRAL COAST...
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
6. Re: ayara v.s wanaburee

have emailed pics of ayara to you

mards0z

CENTRAL COAST...
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
7. Re: ayara v.s wanaburee

oh we were villa a2 & our friends Villa A1 - they are very good

Mards0z

top end of Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
5 reviews
8. Re: ayara v.s wanaburee

Hi. I am mardsoz's friend that was in villa A1 and I agree with everything she said. We fitted our 2 kids (3 and 1) in fold out bed and cot with no problems. A little squashy but beautiful and fine for 3 nights. You don't spend much time in your room anyhow and if kids were having a sleep we could sit on verandha or could take other kids to beach or to play on the grass etc. Check out my JBR.

Just the tiles outside the room (balcony) were slippery when wet so my 1 yr old kept slipping over until i put shoes on him as he loved walking round and round over the little bridge outside your rooms.

Have a look at the resort map on the Ayara website as that'll give you an idea of where the different rooms are.

I can also email you phtos too.

malaysia
Level Contributor
147 posts
9. Re: ayara v.s wanaburee

thanks for ur response. we were told by ayara to take the family seaview which is bigger. and probably i would, since it is not that much further to the beach the the beach bungalow.

we would love to look at your photos .. thanks

kktan88@gmail.com

Surin Beach, Phuket
Level Contributor
139 posts
10. Re: ayara v.s wanaburee

There are a few photos of the Ayara - about 2/3rds down the page at:

http://khaolaklovers.com/update2.html

Two shots of the pool and one of the front looking out to the sea.

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak