We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending money

4 posts
Save Topic
Spending money

Hello!

I'm going to khao lak in October for 10 nights with the boyfriend staying at the morcea with a bed and breakfast package.

We're looking at eat lunch and dinner both in the hotel and out (mainly out in the nearby town) and would like to take part in the excursions etc too... James Bond island, maybe quad biking or something along those lines, watching the elephants NOT RIDING THEM! Etc :)

Just wondering how much money me and the boyfriend should take on average?

Any replies are much appreciated thank you :)

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
9,716 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Spending money

Budget about the same amount that you spend for your accommodation. In your case I'd budget about € 700 to 1000.- for the 10 days.

4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Spending money

Thank you :)

merseyside
Level Contributor
517 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spending money

Hi, khao lak, a very good choice!

In terms of meals you can get a main meal for around 300 - 500 baht from a reasonable restaurant, street food is substantially cheaper.

With regards to tours, you can go for cheaper tours (I personally use Phuket travel company) they do a small number of tours from khao lak. You are looking at around 1000 - 1500 baht for different tours.

If you look for example at something closer to khao lak for example khao lak vista, a James Bond trip will set you back about 2,500, while phi phi day trip looking about 3000 baht.

If interested in getting massages, you can go to one of the many massage shops and they range from about 150 baht to 500/600 baht depending on what you want (you can get a body massage for about 250-300 baht). However getting a massage at your hotel will most likely cost much more unless they have deals on.

Sorry I can't help you with alcohol costs as I don't drink!

All together you are looking at about £600-£700 p/p. Plus don't forget small amount of money for tipping and money for shopping and souvenirs (which are really cheap).

Hope this helps somewhat, have a fantastic time 😊

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
3,088 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spending money

As for specific tours we did a day trip with Khao Lak Explorer last week - 2600 baht per person, we did James Bond Island (we were the first ones there!)sea canoes, the floating fishing village (Koh Panyi) and the monkey cave temple. There was only 8 in our group and it was a fabulous trip.

For elephants there is an ethical one in Phuket called Phuket Elephant Sanctuary (not to be confused with another of similar name). They do half day tours from 10-2 so it's doable from Khao Lak if you dont mind arranging your own transport. There is one at Khao Sok I believe (Elephant Hills) but it's quite expensive and you can only do overnight stays.

Happy to provide more detail on the trips if you have questions.

4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Spending money

That helps a lot thank you Kerry!! :) counting down the days... cant wait haha

4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Spending money

Mrs smith that helps a lot thank you! :) I forgot to add, we definitely want to visit the temples! I'm sure I'll have more questions nearer the time ha!

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
3,088 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Spending money

You're welcome. If you look at the FAQS on the right (on real computer not phone) there are details of a 3 temple tour around Khao Lak area which looks great though I've not done it personally. You could arrange this with a private driver if you wish such as Boss Taxi or our friend Mr Off on Facebook "Off Khao Lak" or email offbariphone@hotmail.com

I think that Khao Lak Explorer also do this as a group tour.

8. Re: Spending money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2018, 09:49
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations