We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baan Khao Lak - 2 storey cottage

Auchterarder...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Baan Khao Lak - 2 storey cottage

Has anyone stayed in the cottages? There are reviews of the sea view villa but I'm afraid they are well out of our price range. The resort looks lovely so it would be great to get any feedback on these cheaper rooms.

Ocean Grove...
Level Contributor
122 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baan Khao Lak - 2 storey cottage

When are you going?

We are there in May, I could check them out for you. We are staying in the cottages.

Cheers

Auchterarder...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baan Khao Lak - 2 storey cottage

Not until November but I think we will book our accommodation in the next few weeks. let us know what you think of it though. I wish we could afford the really posh rooms but we're never in them long enough to really matter. How long are you going for?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baan Khao Lak - 2 storey cottage

Hi Artemis,

Have you seen this previous report?

""We just returned from 5 days at Baan Khao Lak, and had a wonderful time. The staff was wonderful -- very friendly, attentive and helpful. The grounds are lovely, and the pool/beach area are beautiful. I highly recommend it for couples and families.

The beach front bungalows look wonderful, and are perfectly located. I would have loved to stay in one, but they were booked. We stayed in a cottage, and it was gorgeous.

BKL is a 5 minute walk into town -- easy access to lots of bars, restaurants and shops, including ones recommended by Tedkarma. Since we had our 3 kids with us, we ate most meals at BKL. The food at the beachfront restaurant (tables in sand with sparkly light overhead...) was very good. The breakfast buffet was good, especially the made to order omelets and fresh fruit. Great coffee.

We also ate at Jo's Seafood (next to Merlin) which was excellent.

As for construction work, we could see it from the back of the resort (near the road) but didn't hear it at all. Once inside the resort, it's very peaceful, and construction was not an issue. The resort to the left of BKL (looks lovely) is being rebuilt but we didn't hear anything from that direction. On the right, we could see work being done but also heard nothing. Hope that allays your concerns."

The BKL looks a good all round resort. I think the standard of accomodation is consistently very good - just better the more you pay/can afford!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
146 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baan Khao Lak - 2 storey cottage

We are a group of 6 adults and 7 kids and will be staying at BKL in April. Two of the families have booked the two stories cottage with inter-connecting doors, one have booked the seaview cottage and we (yay!) have booked a beachfront bungalow as we are the only one's without kids (also yay!). We will be able to give a comprehensive critique of all the different types of rooms. I think given the fact the place is only a couple of months old you will not really go too wrong booking the 2 stories cottage...it all looks very new and fresh. We managed to get some re-opening specials and got the rooms at a fantastic rate, so the place is going to have to be a real lemon to upset any of us.

The only down-side I have found on review is that some of the older European guests were making a nuisance of themselves by 'towelling' all the loungers very early in the morning. I think once they experience having them folded and placed neatly away a few times they will get the drift.

Hope you enjoy your time in Khaolak. We are only a few weeks away from leaving and cannot wait!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
146 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baan Khao Lak - 2 storey cottage

We are a group of 6 adults and 7 kids and will be staying at BKL in April. Two of the families have booked the two stories cottage with inter-connecting doors, one have booked the seaview cottage and we (yay!) have booked a beachfront bungalow as we are the only one's without kids (also yay!). We will be able to give a comprehensive critique of all the different types of rooms. I think given the fact the place is only a couple of months old you will not really go too wrong booking the 2 stories cottage...it all looks very new and fresh. We managed to get some re-opening specials and got the rooms at a fantastic rate, so the place is going to have to be a real lemon to upset any of us.

The only down-side I have found on review is that some of the older European guests were making a nuisance of themselves by 'towelling' all the loungers very early in the morning. I think once they experience having them folded and placed neatly away a few times they will get the drift.

Hope you enjoy your time in Khaolak. We are only a few weeks away from leaving and cannot wait!

malaysia
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Baan Khao Lak - 2 storey cottage

we would love to hear from you after your trip to BKL.

Auchterarder...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Baan Khao Lak - 2 storey cottage

Thanks everyone. I think I had also come to the conclusion that the place sounds lovely so all the rooms must be pretty nice. Oh, to be abel to afford that beachfront villa. One day.....

I will be getting my man to look at the pc this weekend and make a decision. it's that or the Merlin I think where we can get a deluxe room for a little bit more than the 2 storey cottage. What tough decisions eh?

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
2,970 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Baan Khao Lak - 2 storey cottage

Hi,

I would also love to hear the reviews on th BKL. We have booked the Beachfront Villa, although sadly, won't be there until December.

I wish you all very happy travels

Sarah

xx

Ocean Grove...
Level Contributor
122 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Baan Khao Lak - 2 storey cottage

Hi

Have been away for a few days, sorry it took so long to reply.

We will be there from the 4th May until 9th. We booked the cottages, we got the stay 4 nights, pay 3, which allowed us to book cottages instead of rooms. We are 3 couples and a 13 month old, so we needed three rooms, also we thought the cottage might be best with a toddler.

Cheers

Auchterarder...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Baan Khao Lak - 2 storey cottage

Hi Aussie9764,

Our mind is made up, at last! I showed Alan the website for the hotel and he fell in love with it, so instead of 5 nights we're going for 7. The 2 storey cottage is just a semi with 4 rooms but the rooms look so spacious we'll be more than happy. We don't plan on being in the room much anyway, that beach and pool look divine.

I hope you have a lovely trip in May! Look forward to reading about your trip when you get back.

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations