We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alcolhol

UK
Level Contributor
107 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Alcolhol

Thinking of staying at the Sensimar Khao Lak, could anyone tell me where is the nearest place to buy alcohol is. Thank you.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alcolhol

There is a 711 and other mini-marts to the left down the highway but best selection nearest to the Sensimar is at the Nang Thong Supermarket which is next to the traffic lights in the centre of Bang La On. If you are doing a large shop probably better to get a quick and cheap taxi ride back from outside the supermarket.

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
4,042 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alcolhol

Probably in the hotel bar. However when you head onto the main road you're bound to come across a 7/11 or Family Mart. If not there's a supermarket called Nang Thong which probably has what you need.

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
4,042 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alcolhol

You're up late tonight Alan! Hope holiday is going great.

Edited: 03 April 2017, 21:40
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alcolhol

Hi Jim

Only 11pm here. Holiday going great apart from the wet afternoons/evenings which are a feature if the approaching Wet or should I say Wetter Season!

No Family Marts in Khao Lak like there are on Samui. Plenty of 711s and independent mini marts.

Best "grog" shops in Khao Lak though for prices and good selection are as described here https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297…

Edited: 03 April 2017, 21:51
Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
4,042 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alcolhol

Now you mention it I didn't see any Family Marts in Bang La On, unlike any other resort I've been to in LOS.

I actually like a shower late afternoon as it cools things down at night.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
9,523 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alcolhol

Alcohol number one priority....oh dear!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,743 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alcolhol

Each to their own but why troll, Bill? It's not your bloody holiday. If you haven't the ability to contribute, then don't.

8. Re: Alcolhol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2018, 10:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations