We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driver for the day?

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
572 posts
Save Topic
Driver for the day?

Good afternoon

We are only going to be in khao lak for around a day and a half at the end of our trip in may. We are hoping to visit the tsunami memorials and the main town. Are there any guides anyone could recommend where we could hire a driver for say half a day? Rather than trying to get taxis to different places. There will be 3 adults travelling,

Kind regards

Amanda

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driver for the day?

Where are you staying? If you are only thinking of local trips any of the local taxi drivers will take you, wait and take you to other places. What is the main town you are referring to? There are two main townships, Bang La On, the larger one with most restaurants, bars and shops and Bang Niang 10 minutes up the road where there are plenty of restaurants, bars, small shops and markets as well as the Tsunami Police Boat Memorial Site.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driver for the day?

Try Boss Cheaper than Hotel Taxis we have done a few tours with his drivers all have been very good

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
572 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Driver for the day?

Hi we are staying at the Sarojin, I didn't realise there was more than one town! Which is the better to visit with us being so limited on time?

We are holidaying in krabi but fly home from Phuket, I've been to Phuket a few times and I'm not so keen which is why we've tagged the last night on in khao lak instead! I always remember a driver once told me it was left for luxury and right for rowdy when leaving Phuket airport so this time trying luxury x

Coolangatta...
Level Contributor
2,028 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Driver for the day?

Can't argue with the driver who said "left for luxury and right for rowdy". Not all luxury accommodation in Khao Lak (the Sarojin is) but definitely the luxury of peace and quiet.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driver for the day?

At the Sarojin you are staying on the best and most beautiful beach in Khao Lak. Bang La On is the largest townships with most bars, restaurants and shops (but probably nothing you haven't seen or bought in Krabi already) located both sides of the highway running through it and about 20 minutes south from the Sarojin. Bang Niang is a few minutes further north from Bang La On and the first you will reach coming from the Sarojin. Again plenty of restaurant and bars and the main market on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays 1pm to about 7pm and a local Farmers' Market just up the highway on other days. The Tsunami Police Boat Memorial Site is opposite the main market.

With your limited time personally I would enjoy your time on beaiutiful Pak Weeb Beach. There are three restaurants immediately to the right on the stretch known as White Sand Beach then three more to the left with the Boatyard furthest (about 400 metres) on the stretch known as Coconut Beach and our favourite for a sunset dinner dining on tables on the beach, candle lit after sunset.

6. Re: Driver for the day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2018, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations