We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Waters Katathani

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
160 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
The Waters Katathani

Can anyone tell me if you have stayed at The Waters? Last year we stayed at The Sands in September and we loved it, we could walk into Bang Nang, loved the location, but we spotted one of its sister Hotels The Waters and the pool access rooms look fantastic, we realize that its not on the beach, and we are ok with that, as it would only take a few minutes to walk to the beach.

So any feed back would be appreciated, its our 9th time back, and like to try different places and area's.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
3,061 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Waters Katathani

Absolutely loved our stay at The Waters last year, in fact were so impressed we extended our stay after we arrived and are returning in May this year. The pool is absolutely enormous and from the pool access rooms you can swim all around the resort. The staff could not do enough for us and the breakfast buffet was superb.

Personally we preferred the grand bay 1 bedroom suite in the old (original) building. We did visit a friend who was in a pool access, ground floor room and it was really nice but not very spacious. We had a lot of rain while we were there so probably spent more time in our room than we usually would.

There are fabulous restaurants just a short walk away as you would be aware if you are familiar with Bang Niang area, it is just a stone's throw from Rusty Pelican, Na Suang and several minimarts.

I found rates at The Waters differed greatly from one third party site to the next. I ended up booking direct on their website which was significantly cheaper than the rate quoted when I contacted them by email and asked for a good deal as a returning guest!

Edited: 24 February 2017, 15:13
Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Rusty Pelican
Rusty Pelican
680 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Na Suang
Na Suang
517 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
England
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Waters Katathani

We are here now and The Waters is great. Good location and lovely rooms. I would definately go for a pool access room which we have and if you like the sun ask for a room that has sun all day as some are in shade.

England
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Waters Katathani

We are here now and The Waters is great. Good location and lovely rooms. I would definately go for a pool access room which we have and if you like the sun ask for a room that has sun all day as some are in shade.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
160 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Waters Katathani

Thanks people, yep i think we may give it a go with the pool access room looks divine. We usually stay with a pool access, and just love the look of The Waters and the location.....

5. Re: The Waters Katathani

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2018, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak