We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao Lak March 18!

Manchester
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Khao Lak March 18!

Hi I know it may seem early but researching for out intended trip to Thailland next year. I had been looking at Koh Lanta but then came across a review of Khao Lak. We are a family with 2 kids 12 and 9...looking for accomodation with a decent pool near the beach with a choice of authentic restaurants within 10-15 mins walking distance and also not too far from shops/markets to keep the kids happy don't mind taking transport now and again but like to walk round the area as well. This for any recommendations.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Llandudno, United...
Level Contributor
308 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Khao Lak March 18!

I would look at nang thong bay resort or nang thong beach resort,both on the beach & within walking distance of plenty of shops,bars & restaurants.

Both are reasonably priced,when we stayed in March last year,they were 2500 bht a night.

We have just returned from happy lagoon bungalows,which are about 1 minute walk from the nang thong beach resort,so really close to the beach,but not beach front.they were also 2500 bht a night.

All 3 resorts are bungalow style accommodation.i personally think the pool is better for the children at happy lagoon,they also have a lovely bar & restaurant on site,where you can get food until 11pm & you can have a nightcap until about 2am,which I found missing at both the nang thong resorts.

We would sometimes return back to nang thong,,maybe 10pm & everything was closed up,where sometimes it would have been nice,to sit with a drink & relax before going to bed,so my vote would be happy lagoon bungalows.

Tracy x

Edited: 23 February 2017, 05:53
Llandudno, United...
Level Contributor
308 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Khao Lak March 18!

Just to say,you think it may be early,but we booked our flights in April last year ,for our visit just gone,which started on Feb 1st & we could not get into,either of the nang thong resorts,they were both fully booked.

That is why we stayed in the happy lagoon,so you may well,be better off looking sooner,rather than later,because they have a lot of returning guests,so book up fairly quickly,for the following season.

Tracy x

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,450 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Khao Lak March 18!

Use Booking.com as a means of searching for acoomodation to meet your dates, family size and budget and it's maps for location then come back for further information on any you fancy.

Manchester
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Khao Lak March 18!

Thanks Tracy agree that Lagoon bungalows do look nice and the pool does make a difference for the kids...I will check all three to see availability...I had steered towards the islands just because I felt our first trip to Thailand and you hear so much about the islands...but Koh Lak does seem to have enough near to keep us all entertained...did you manage to go on any day trips at all during your stay?

Mentioned in this post
Llandudno, United...
Level Contributor
308 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Khao Lak March 18!

Google seaside elephant retreat,I'm sure your children would love that.

We also enjoyed our sunset cruise.we got picked up & left from near Phuket & we went to James Bond island,but on the way back,the sunset was glorious,we had a great sight of I think they were fruit bats,flying over us,it was a great day.

This was our 3rd time to Khao lak & there are plenty of trips to choose from.

It's a lovely place to holiday.

Tracy x

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
James Bond Island
James Bond Island
3,231 Reviews
Ao Phang Nga National Park, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
6. Re: Khao Lak March 18!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2018, 10:47