We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near X10 Khao Lak Resort

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Restaurants near X10 Khao Lak Resort

I am looking at staying here with my family in late September.It is with a Scoopon deal, and even though either lunch or dinner is included daily, we like to explore the local surroundings and restaurants.As it's not an area we have previously stayed in , I'm unsure if there are there many nearby, either on the beach itself, or within walking distance, so would really appreciate any information please.

1. Re: Restaurants near X10 Khao Lak Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 05 February 2017, 06:04
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Restaurants near X10 Khao Lak Resort

Thanks so much , I'll check the map in the link :)

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: Restaurants near X10 Khao Lak Resort

KasaGirl

I've removed my original post and reposted as I got my right mixed up with my left - and that before having my lunchtime Chang!!!

No restaurants on the beach but at the entrance to the X10 on the highway, turn right and you are at the end (coming north) of Bang La On, KL's largest township with most restaurants and bars in KL and the new Peter Bar and Restaurant directly opposite. Turn left and you are a few minutes by taxi from Bang Niang with its extensive range of eateries and markets.

The latest maps viewed via the link in the Top Questions on the right using a laptop or pic or tablet shows the relative locations.

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,665 posts
33 reviews
4. Re: Restaurants near X10 Khao Lak Resort

LOL Alan you had me confused there. Your original post is still there.

Linda

Edited: 05 February 2017, 04:48
Perth
Level Contributor
586 posts
15 reviews
5. Re: Restaurants near X10 Khao Lak Resort

Arandora,

Interesting, did you read the post by John V in the thread 'Where have the beach restaurants gone"?

Possibly 10 to 12 beach restaurants may have crept back near the beach in the location of the X10.

Will most likely not be there in low season, but worth some investigation we think!!

6. Re: Restaurants near X10 Khao Lak Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 05 February 2017, 15:23
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
7. Re: Restaurants near X10 Khao Lak Resort

Not been across the creek from Bang Niang yet but I had heard there were signs of some being rebuilt. It doesn't surprise me but if again they are not done legally and I cannot see how they can be in the same position, they are thumbing the nose at the authorities and will only make it worse for themselves and others. Only yesterday we were on Khuk Khak Beach where the loungers ion the beach in front of the couple of remaining restaurants beyond the beach line had been removed back as the Police had been around taking photographs.

Shrewsbury
Level Contributor
966 posts
27 reviews
8. Re: Restaurants near X10 Khao Lak Resort

Have you visited the restaurants by the Marriott Alan? Any good? Do they offer massages? Thanks.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
9. Re: Restaurants near X10 Khao Lak Resort

Stayed at Pinky's a couple of times. Food good, sun beds like lying on rock!

Shrewsbury
Level Contributor
966 posts
27 reviews
10. Re: Restaurants near X10 Khao Lak Resort

Ha ha, not fussed about the sunbeds, unfortunately when you have a 7 and a 9 year old you don't get much time for that but that's good news about the food, I'm hoping they do cocktails too 😀

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak