We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changing Euros and Dollars to Thai Baht

Glastonbury, United...
Level Contributor
162 posts
40 reviews
Changing Euros and Dollars to Thai Baht

I have some Euros and Dollars that I may bring to Khao Lak as well as UK pounds. What is the smallest value note that is accepted for exchange?

la
Level Contributor
399 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: Changing Euros and Dollars to Thai Baht

They will give you less for smaller bills. Don't know if there is a limit.

Level Contributor
6,137 posts
21 reviews
2. Re: Changing Euros and Dollars to Thai Baht

I know its said quite a bit on here that you get a worse exchange rate for small bills, I have never experienced it myself, and ive exchanged all bill sizes hundreds of times.

Not saying it doesn't happen, I've just never experienced it.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,830 posts
1 review
3. Re: Changing Euros and Dollars to Thai Baht

Psyvolt correct me if I am wrong but I believe you are from Australia and I have just had a look and Superrich quote just one rate for the Aussie dollar whereas for the GBP, the USD and the Euro they quote different rates for larger denomination notes so it looks like it doesn't matter with the AUD.

Polkadot I cannot speak with certainty for Khoa Lak as I have never been but the Thai banks quote rates down to one dollar and five Euro and in the areas of Thailand that I have visited if they quote a rate for a note they will exchange it. Just be aware that notes should be undamaged and unmarked.

4. Re: Changing Euros and Dollars to Thai Baht

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2018, 11:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak