We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort & Spa 8th april for 14 nights

Carshalton, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort & Spa 8th april for 14 nights

hi all and let me thank any contributors in advance. Myself and my wife are flying in to celebrate our 25th anniversary and staying at JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort & Spa.

any advise on local customs , restaurants, sights and so on would be very much appropriated by those that know.

i have looked around on all the usual sites and have some ideas which are very tourist based. But am a great believer in trying to feel where i visit. To come away with the country, the culture and its people in my memory. Anything form the touristy to the weird and wonderful would be appreciated

Mentioned in this post
JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Khao Lak...
3,859 Reviews
Khuk Khak, Thailand
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
#1 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
X2 Khao Lak Anda Mani Resort
X2 Khao Lak Anda Mani Resort
#2 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
Khaolak Paradise Resort
Khaolak Paradise Resort
#5 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,413 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort & Spa 8th april for 14 nights

If you have liked at all the usual sites I assume you have looked at all the information in the Top Question FAQs on the right of this forum (view on PC or laptop) and on the Things to Do on the

Link on the green menu bar. 😉

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,413 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort & Spa 8th april for 14 nights

If you have liked at all the usual sites I assume you have looked at all the information in the Top Question FAQs on the right of this forum (view on PC or laptop) and on the Things to Do on the link on the green menu bar. 😉

For somewhere special and unusual to eat try Bang Sri Muang Chic on the Lake, dining to some very different in taste and very different in presentation food on a platform over a lake and feeding the turtles below. Not far from the JWM and hotel will arrange a taxi. Then there is Klong Koo. Dine on a table in the middle of the river with your feet in the cooling water. Again not far from JWM and taxi easily arranged.

Carshalton, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort & Spa 8th april for 14 nights

Arandora, thank you very much for pointing these out. That is exactly what i am looking for. Something a little less ordinary that helps support local people. Much appreciated indeed

4. Re: JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort & Spa 8th april for 14 nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2018, 10:46