We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far from Taipei airport to Taoyuan train station?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
How far from Taipei airport to Taoyuan train station?

I have planned to travel to Taiwan this 5th Dec. My flight will arrive CKS airport on 5th around 6 pm. and have to take a train to Kaohsuing immediately. As rechecked, there is a train to Kaohsiung on 11 pm.

Anyway, my father told me that CKS airport is located on Taoyuan city so it should be better to go from airport to Taoyuan station, don't have to go to Taipei main station.

Is this correct?

And also I am not sure if there is a shutter bus or sky train to Taoyuan city or Taoyuan train station or not?

And how much it's cost?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei, Taichung
Level Contributor
8,672 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How far from Taipei airport to Taoyuan train station?

Yes, you are right. You need not go to Taipei Main Station to catch a HSR or TRA railway train to Kaohsiung.

If traveling to Kaohsiung (Zuoying Station stop) by HSR trains:

United buses #705 (green colored bus) serve the link between Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport and Taoyuan HSR Station (about 7 km apart). Fare: NT$30 Drop the cash/coins into the coin box as you board the bus. Travel time: 15~20 mins. The bus frequency is regular.

United Bus: www.ubus.com.tw/onlineservice/LINEserach.asp

Select 高鐵桃園站-桃園機場 in the search box. The bus schedules and bus fare are listed.

If traveling to Kaohsiung by TRA railway trains:

Taoyuan buses (without service route number) serve the link between for Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport and Taoyuan city. Bus fare: NT$45 (drop exact coins into fare box) Bus frequency: 30 to 40 mins. Travel time: About 50 mins. Bus service hours at TTIA: 0635 to 2215 hrs

Taoyuan Bus Corporation website: http://www.tybus.com.tw/asp/Line.asp?sel=0001

The Taoyuan bus from the airport terminates at Taoyuan Bus Station near the Taoyuan Railway (TRA) Station.

2. Re: How far from Taipei airport to Taoyuan train station?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 03:47
Get answers to your questions about Taoyuan