We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling between Gyeongju and Haeundae.

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
Save Topic
Travelling between Gyeongju and Haeundae.

Hi all, I am currently planning a one-day trip to Gyeongju from Haeundae, Busan. I will be staying at Popcorn Hostel near the Haeundae beach.

From the research I've done, it seems that the new train station is now located at the Jwa-dong region and is much less convenient compared to its old location along the subway line. However, it also takes some time to travel from Haeundae to Busan station for the KTX option, and the bus terminals are also quite far away from where I am staying in Haeundae. There doesn't seem to be a convenient way to get to Gyeongju!

In light of the above, I would like to ask the following questions:

1) Would 'slow' train from Haeundae be a better option compared to travelling to Busan station, AND THEN taking the KTX to Singyeongju? Or would bus actually be a better option for the one-day trip?

2) Where can I find the train schedule for direct train from Haeundae to Gyeongju? Any updated information on the ticket prices, ride duration etc?

3) If I take the train from Haeundae to Gyeongju, how would I travel to Bulguksa Temple or Anapji Pond from the Gyeongju station?

Thanks in advance for any help! (:

Southend
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling between Gyeongju and Haeundae.

Mugunghwa from H to Gyongju takes about 90 minutes.

look (as always!) at letskorail.com, choose "English" for language and then go to "train booking"

Daejeon, South Korea
Level Contributor
2,817 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling between Gyeongju and Haeundae.

There's probably not a huge amount of difference, time wise, now that Haeundae Train Station has moved.

Haeundae beach to train station takes about 15 minutes by taxi, then train to Gyeongju takes 90 minutes.

Subway to Busan Station takes around 45 minutes then KTX to Singyeongju takes about half an hour (more frequent services).

Subway to Nopodong Bus Terminal probably takes around an hour then the bus to Gyeongju also takes about an hour.

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling between Gyeongju and Haeundae.

@William B: Thanks! Actually, I have already looked at the website, but some of the pages are missing and the site has been revamped, so I cannot find all the information I want.

@debb199: Thanks so much for that information! I have one more question: for the second option, if I decide to take a taxi instead from Haeundae to Busan Station (to save time), how long will the taxi ride take and approximately how much would it cost? Please let me know, thank you!

Daejeon, South Korea
Level Contributor
2,817 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling between Gyeongju and Haeundae.

I took a taxi in the opposite direction (ie Busan Station to Haeundae) a couple of years ago and it cost about 22,000won; I think it took about 20 minutes (it was on a Sunday and the traffic was pretty quiet).

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling between Gyeongju and Haeundae.

Got it, thanks for the awesome help given! Really appreciate it ^_^

6. Re: Travelling between Gyeongju and Haeundae.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2016, 10:47