We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jeju in Winter (Jan 2018)

Putrajaya, Malaysia
2 posts
Save Topic
Jeju in Winter (Jan 2018)

Hai there,

I will be traveling to JEJU in the of January 2018.

I was looking for a cheap flight and I found that it is cheap to go to JEJU. So I bought the ticket. Now I have no idea what to do and I feel regret. This is the first time for me to travel solo. It is kinda scary. So I would like to ask for your opinion.

Well, here what I got in the plan.

Day 1

I'm thinking about staying at YEHA GUESTHOUSE for 4 nights.

Arriving at the airport at noon, take a cab to the guesthouse and checkin.

Look for food at Dragon rock area.

Then dont know what to do... maybe go back to the guesthouse and rest.

Day 2

Hiking Hallasan Mountain... (any recommendation trail?)

Take a bus.. (Still not sure about it)

Go back to the guesthouse and rest?

Day 3

Take a ferry to Udo Island.

Rent a bike

Still not sure what to do there but I heard it was beautiful.

Day 4

Maybe cave olle trail or sunrise.

Day 5

Checkout, hang out at the beach cafe, flight back at noon.

So far, this is my rough ideas. I don't really want to shop, I love taking a lot of pictures, outdoor, hiking and I really just wanna get away from work. I'm from the tropical country so I appreciate good tips on how to stay warm in the winter.

Thank you.

15 replies to this topic
Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jeju in Winter (Jan 2018)

You are traveling solo, so you will need to do the Golden Tour Bus or rent a taxi and share with several passengers. Doing normal bus/public transit is verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry time consuming as it takes time. There are also group tours I am sure you can join.

Whatever you plan, make sure you keep things in the same general area as you move around the island. For instance, Jeju City to Seogwipo takes about an hour one way.

Dubai, United Arab...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Jeju in Winter (Jan 2018)

hi kim i will travel to jeju island also, just like you i am solo. if you want we can organize some plans. Im planning this january 15- 19, 2018. its my first time also

Edited: 11 November 2017, 06:42
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Jeju in Winter (Jan 2018)

hi misskimidie89..

i am planning on the same trip as well..but i may going to stay a bit longer. I have the same intention on staying in yeha guesthouse too since it receive good reviews and situated at the heart of the public bus network. If you want to travel together. Please just do email me.

zahidah.wonderlust@gmail.com

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
282 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jeju in Winter (Jan 2018)

Hiking Hallasan Mountain... (any recommendation trail?)

Unless you are a very experience hiker , moreover Hallasan upper reach will be snow laden, frozen and slippery. Too dangerous and also daylight hours are short during winter. The shortest route Yeongsil trail take up to 4 or 5hrs to complete (include rest stop and taking photos) and this is done in Spring , i took nearly 6 hours as the place is simply to nice and I had many photo stop. Winter is too risky , neigbours's daughter did Dec 2013 hike and its snow covered, very slippery, need to attached ice claw crampon

2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Jeju in Winter (Jan 2018)

Hi,

4 of us will be travelling from 23/12 to 30/12/17 to Jeju Island. We have decided renting a car to move around however, not very sure about which area should we go first and where to stay ? We intend to hike mount hallasan too and we love shopping. Can you suggest what would be the best route map ?

which city is nearer to Hallasan mountain , Jeju city or Seogwipo ? what date and where is five day market during my travelling date ?

Thanks

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
282 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jeju in Winter (Jan 2018)

See my reply #4 -- not advisable to hike Hallasan during winter unless you are a very experience hiking in snow hiking in mountainous area. Claw cramptons is a must with hiking stick, be prepared for emergency like staying overnight up there (hallasan) as daylights are short.

Most of Jeju's attraction are eastern side so using Seogwipo is better.

Asia
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jeju in Winter (Jan 2018)

there are tours offered by Yeha Guesthouse, East/West/South that can surely fill-in your stay in Jeju. Plus in joining tours you don't have to worry about the transfers and the transportation.

Just across the street of Yeha, there is Paris Baguette. Taxi away, can get you to local market.

Enjoy Jeju!

Level Contributor
1 post
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jeju in Winter (Jan 2018)

Hi.. i am gonna travelling there to in 2-8January.. is there gonna be a winter festival? 3nights in Seogwipo and the rest in Jeju city. Plan to rent a car but not sure how easy its gonna be driving in winter with left steering wheel. Any suggestion?

Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Jeju in Winter (Jan 2018)

Hello.ill be staying in Seoul will take a one day trip to the island. I’ll be there Jan 3-11

Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Jeju in Winter (Jan 2018)

Hi

I'm travelling to jeju too this january 15th, planning to stay around seogwipo area.

Heard that they have expanded and add more buses, so travelling by buses might be easier than before.

Reply to: Jeju in Winter (Jan 2018)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jeju