We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mt. Hallasan Climb

5 posts
Mt. Hallasan Climb

Greetings! Il be travelling alone to Jeju island on Nov 20, 2017.

1. How to get into Ramada Hotel Jeju Seogwipo 173-3 by public transpo and how much?

2. On the 25th il be climbing Mt. Hallasan, I want to be there at 6am, how to get into the trail head of Mt Hallasan through public transpo and how much? What time should i leave the hotel to be there at 6am?

3. I have a flight going to Seoul at 8pm on Nov 25, 2017, what time should I leave Mt. Hallasan?

4. My checkout to my hotel at Ramada is Nov. 25 noon, I have luggages and I dont want to bring it at Mt. Hallasan, is it advisable to leave it in the hotel luggage room before I go to Mt. Hallasan and just go back to the hotel before my flight or I just put it to what place that will be convenient to me to get it after my climb to Mt. Hallasan before going to airport?

5. Is there mountain climbing equipment for rent at Mt. Hallasan like trek pole? Jackets?trail shoes?

Thank you very much,your response will be a great help! More power!

Fm: Ianne of Philippines

9 replies to this topic
South Korea
Destination Expert
for South Korea
Level Contributor
1,400 posts
1 review
1. Re: Mt. Hallasan Climb

1. Take bus#800 or #800-1 and get off at Seoqwipo city hall bus-stop(around 1hr), then walk around 400m. http://dmaps.kr/6rfck

Some trail routes for hiking, choose your hiking route first, http://www.jeju.go.kr/hallasan/index.htm

and why you go to Hallasan on your last day in Jeju?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
4 posts
42 reviews
2. Re: Mt. Hallasan Climb

Good afternoon Sir. I figured I could ask you since I don't know anything or anyone in South Korea. I will be in Jeju on April 1-4 2018 and I plan to hike Mt. Hallasan either on the 2nd or 3rd, but I'm traveling alone. I wonder if there are plenty of hikers I could join at that time? My plan is to hike up through Seongpanak and go down via Gwaneumsa trail. Is there any forum you could recommend where I can find other hikers? Thank you in advance.

5 posts
3. Re: Mt. Hallasan Climb

Thank u very much,il climb it on the last day coz i dont want to leave jeju without reaching the highest peak of SOUTH KOREA🙂

5 posts
4. Re: Mt. Hallasan Climb

I recommend you to take a taxi to mt. Hallasan. Traveling time with public transport takes very long in Jeju. If you don't have a lot of time that's the best option.

And I climbed the seongpanak trail up and gwaneumsa down. It took almost 10 hours to go up and down. I had a lot of muscle pain after the climb haha. There is one shelter where you can buy climbing stuff. But I did it on my sneakers and without sticks.

Also, take good care of your belongings. I was very tired after I climbed up and lost my GoPro somewhere on the way down :(

5 posts
5. Re: Mt. Hallasan Climb

Thank u Mam,is it alright if i go down the same trail? Because we will be leaving our baggage in the information booth down the mountain,and then catch our flight at 8pm. We will start at 6am.

Seoul, South Korea
Destination Expert
for South Korea, Seoul
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
41 reviews
6. Re: Mt. Hallasan Climb

Going by public transit depends on which trail you are taking. For instance, from my Korean Map search, there is a public bus #181 that takes 38 minutes to Seongpanak Trail entrance. But that might not be the trail you want.

Taxi fare can also vary, but it's far around 20-30 km or more from the airport. So a taxi would be 20,000W++.

For your flight back to Seoul, if your flight is at 8, arrive at 7 PM. It's not a big airport. Everything like restaurants and shopping is located outside security, too.

5 posts
7. Re: Mt. Hallasan Climb

Tnx michael, im staying now at ramada hotel seogwipo, is there a police station or law enforcement security at the foot of mt.hallasan? So if the information booth wont allow my baggage to be kept there while i am climbing i can leave it at the police station

Seoul, South Korea
Destination Expert
for South Korea, Seoul
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
41 reviews
8. Re: Mt. Hallasan Climb

I wouldn't expect the police to let you keep it there....

5 posts
9. Re: Mt. Hallasan Climb

Tnx,we'r now ready to be there, hopefully we can leave our luggage to somewhere there. May God guide us in our climb,tnx again.

Reply to: Mt. Hallasan Climb
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jeju
Recent Conversations